CrazyEngineers
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Mayur Pathak

MemberJul 29, 2008

This is great news. Surely this is going to drive lot of traffic to CE. Cheers!

Interestingly the latest threads automatically get rolled up, so whatever good discussions we have will not attract much larger audience. 😁
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Prasad Ajinkya

MemberJul 30, 2008

wow! This is huge biggie!! Kudos to the CEans 😀

But with this you also have to realize that the mods have to work extra hard at removing spam, unsolicited content and other forms of rubbish from the forums.

Any conversions on the site through alltop?? What is the referral count from alltop??
    Cancel
  • Prasad Ajinkya

MemberJul 30, 2008

Also, I would appreciate it if the no. of feedreaders could be shared with us 😀
    Cancel
  • Mayur Pathak

MemberJul 30, 2008

Well I think it will take some time to get referrals as this development is very recent. But I agree that the mods have to now work extra hard.

By the way I observed, not all posts that are active or recent get listed. I wonder how do they filter. Is there a mechanism?
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJul 30, 2008

Well, this is no doubt a great achievement for CE. Recently techcrunch mentioned that Alltop has introduced Engineering as a new category. I sent a mail to AllTop and told them we've interviewed Guy Kawasaki 😉 .

They checked our forums and though its indeed a nice place for engineers. I got a mail from the few hours back saying they are including CE in their directory & it will take some time for the traffic to develop. I'm expecting some good traffic from USA & Europe. 😀

Unfortunately, we do not have the number of feedreaders available with us. Also, we'll have to wait to get the data from analytics - few hours time is just not sufficient.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJul 30, 2008

Oh yes, more traffic means more spam which in turn means more work for mods.

If we start getting more spam - we'll have more mods on forums.
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberJul 30, 2008

Awesome stuff!

As long as there is (nearly) round the clock moderation, handling spam will be okay 😀
    Cancel
  • Prasad Ajinkya

MemberJul 30, 2008

Fast work biggie!
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register