CE Forum Restructure - Feedback Please!

CEans,

We have been talking about re-organizing CE forums. Lately, we have grown and the aim of restructuring is to make the forum easier to understand. Since we cannot afford to change the forum structure often, we need to be very careful while redesigning the forums at this time. Therefore, your feedback matters!

Look at the proposed structure:-

CE Headquarters

• ·Announcements
This section will contain all forum related announcements and related discussions.
  • ·Site Suggestions & Feedback
This section will accommodate all site related suggestions and feedback.

• ·CE Introductions [Merged with existing Newbie Training center]
Everyone can introduce himself or herself here. It makes sense to merge the CE Introductions section with the Newbie training centre. Therefore, all queries regarding posting/using forums will get answered here.

CE Technical Discussions

• ·Electrical & Electronics Engineering
  • ·Computer Science & IT Engineering (Merged with existing CE – IT Help)
  • ·Mechanical Engineering
  • ·Chemical Engineering
  • ·Civil & Structural Engineering (Renamed)
  • ·Other Engineering Disciplines
  • ·Project Ideas & Seminar Topics (We’ll continue to have a separate section)
  • ·CE Labs: Cross Discipline Discussions (Renamed and merged with Ideas, KS section)
CE Labs section should get all the technical/non-technical discussions/ideas and articles where engineers from various disciplines can contribute. We may also have product reviews, online projects here. Your feedback is needed.

CE General Discussions

• ·CE: Career, Entrepreneurship, Management & Finance (CE Finance Renamed)
Engineering is at the core of entrepreneurship and we notice most of the engineers wanting to start their own ventures. Similarly, engineers need to know about management and finance. This section will host all the discussions related to entrepreneurship, money (basics and advanced discussions) & management. How do you like the idea? Any suggestions are welcome.

• ·CE: Debate Masterminds
  • ·Puzzles, Mathematics & General Knowledge
Lately, we have been getting lots of interesting puzzles on CE. However, we do not yet have a good number of posts on mathematics or general knowledge. Do you think we should go ahead and introduce this section? Any suggestions are welcome.

• ·In Focus: CE Articles & News Discussions
In this section, we can discuss the articles that we publish on our portal and the general, latest news. What do you think that this section will overlap with our CE labs section? Ideally, it should not. But do you think it will be confusing?

CE Lounge:

• Chillax: Chit Chat (Existing CE Blogs becomes a sub-section of this section)
Remember that this is just the proposed structure. The structure will be finalized after getting feedback from you.

Do you have better names for the sections? Ideas for new sections? Any suggestions or feedback? Please do reply to this post!
Awaiting your replies!

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Looks alright so far!

Can we add a tutorial section as well? Or is that under CE Labs? Members can contribute tutorials of their own or something like that. xhx has some nice tutorials about parallel programming.. and he can add his MATLAB stuff too!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Looks alright so far!

Can we add a tutorial section as well? Or is that under CE Labs? Members can contribute tutorials of their own or something like that. xhx has some nice tutorials about parallel programming.. and he can add his MATLAB stuff too!
    Tutorials will go on the portal and simultaneously posted in one of the sections. I think we don't need a dedicated section for tutorials.
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    hmm..too big but its ok
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No suggestions yet?

Hello!
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    The_Big_K
    No suggestions yet?

Hello!
    Wat suggestion u need biggie😛

Blog reloaded:#-Link-Snipped-#
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    The "CE Technical Discussions" set-up is really good.

Personally I don't like the word "Careers" in "CE Management, Entrepreneurship and Finance" ! 😀 Do we want members asking for internship, job help, interview advice, CV advice, and useless Q's on ""what is best job wher I find money"". Because Present CE Finance has 34 good threads management and amateur business related (Very interesting threads like the make Rs.1000 from Rs.50).

For that, what do you think if you have just one more other section "CE Higher Education and Careers". This section have help and Q's on Higher Education, Career planning, Jobs, interview tips, how to write CV etc etc, some can also write threads on present market for fresh engineers, u know...

As for CE Labs and CE In focus, this is my view:

CE Labs will have the tutorials, articles, student thesis, projects and CE projects (CE bot etc), all technical and/or academic kind.

CE In Focus can be:

CE Productions: Interviews, Magazine, CE Video etc 😀
    or
    CE In Focus: Interviews, Magazine, CE Video etc 😀
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    xheavenlyx
    For that, what do you think if you have just one more other section "CE Higher Education and Careers". This section have help and Q's on Higher Education, Career planning, Jobs, interview tips, how to write CV etc etc, some can also write threads on present market for fresh engineers, u know...
    I agree, since im guessing a large proportion of CEans are still in higher education! (including me 😛)

EDIT: There are some posts regarding help to solve problems (I guess assignments/homework). Possible new section for this? I hope no one would really abuse that, though..
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    I think Project Ideas and Seminar Topics can be kept as a general help too, dont know how many people will read older post and still keep on asking for "Seminar topics plszz help!!1". We dont want to double on General help and the above, Project ideas and Seminar Topics.

The serious CE Projects and other user projects that members want to share can come under CE Labs! 😁
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Perhaps we should keep Project Ideas and Seminar Topics seperate from General Help, xhx. That way, CEans can have a place to discuss their own uni projects and the like. Don't really want to clog up General Help 😉 Of course, I agree about serious CE Projects being under CE Labs 😀

Btw biggie.. Can we have a new section where new members can practice creating threads and posts? I saw it once on another forum. CEans can post in anything they want so they can get used to it. Every week or month all posts will be deleted or emptied. What do you think?
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    I think yea, after I re-read the forum name "General Help", you changed my idea. In general help they can also ask about other topics, not related to engineering.

Thats good.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Perhaps we should keep Project Ideas and Seminar Topics seperate from General Help, xhx. That way, CEans can have a place to discuss their own uni projects and the like. Don't really want to clog up General Help 😉 Of course, I agree about serious CE Projects being under CE Labs 😀

Btw biggie.. Can we have a new section where new members can practice creating threads and posts? I saw it once on another forum. CEans can post in anything they want so they can get used to it. Every week or month all posts will be deleted or emptied. What do you think?
    The "Project Ideas & Seminar Topics" section was created to host the requests/answers related to "Final Year Project and Seminars". However, I think CE - Labs should be the topic where we should host cross-trade discussions/ ideas etc ( Say, Lab is where all engineers gather and discuss/create stuff). For example, a robot design discussion may invite comments from engineers belonging to different engineering disciplines.

Regarding the section where new members can try to learn how the forum system works, we have Newbie Training Center. I think we can move it down under CE Lounge.

CE - IT Help, I think should be merged with Computer Science Engineering. Let's have all computer related discussions in one section only.

CE - General Help - needs a rework. I think the name confuses many new members.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Oh, icic. Didn't know about the function of the Newbie place 😛

Regarding General help, we may need to have an extra one regarding college and university applications!
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    cool but still more work to do...cannot we put the ce conference at first..
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    guys a suggestion ...cannot we make the member list in order..(ie cannot we put each member in his respective group)..it is in a huge list in alphabetical order can we make based on their individual group..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi

Hi everybody, I am Basu S , electrical but working purly mechanically.
hi people! I have made mistakes on very crucial moments of my life,thus landing into IT branch. well i wanna pursue quantum physics first as my foundation for Quantum computing....
Please consider certain new diciplines in engineering such as bio-medical engineering.
Please help me use the dictionary(which i heard is inbuilt in linux)in my fedora 6....
Hi Freinds,I am having trouble while programming in open C,my emulator crashes ecerytime I try to run it,even simple programmes cannot be emulated.I am looking forward to you for ans..!!