Ce Delhi Meet News

We had our second official CrazyEngineers meet in Delhi, India on 28th March 2009.

It was a very productive meeting with ideas flying all around the place! We met at the coffee shop 'Barista' situated at Connaught Place, Delhi, India.

A KMZ file is there for you guys to have a better look at the place on Google Earth and keep tracks on future meets! Download it here: #-Link-Snipped-#

Attendees:

1. Varun (CE xheavenlyx), Electr. and Instr. Engg.
2. Prateek (CE raj87verma88), Mechanical Engg.
3. Navneet: (Prateek's friend) Mechanical Engg.
4. Harish: (Prateek's friend) Mechanical Engg.

Eateries Ordered
:

Varun: Espresso and Cream
Prateek: Mayan Dark Chocolate Drink
Navneet: Notin (no its not a new drink...it means nothing)
Harish: Ice Tea (50%, other 50 to prateek)

Discussions:

We started with some new ideas to get things rolling. For example we talked about an air drone which hovers in air and takes data, something like what ash is doing but completely different way of implementation. Have you seen those toy hovers?? Made of foam and plastic fans, and a control circuitry the size of a lemon?

[​IMG]

Watch a video here: [- YouTube]

Combining 4 of those with the center part as payload. Something of this sort. We will think about doing this project later.

Next we discussed our CE Bot project. I know you might be tired of hearing "CE Bot" and "discuss" in the same sentence, but this is how things are rolling rite now.

We radically changed the whole design. First we thought of:
The six wheeled design, but it was a robot that would be a really good robot, and these designs are being researched extensively. We wanted something new and different.

So we thought of a:
4 wheeled design, with a flexible link at the center so it could move easily on rough terrains or keep going if it flipped over. Cannot explain it without a diagram, and I am too lazy to do it rite now. If anyone needs one specifically, I will draw and post it later. This seemed, again, too normal.
So we took a sip of our coffee and:
Came up with a 2 wheeled design. Yea, two. Before some of you jump up and scream "WTF was in that coffee?" (Like ash asked what we were smokin...ehehhehe, we had some shroom in our coffees this time), let me explain:

We are not going to make it like the segway or a balancing bot! Not an inverted pendulum with the center of gravity higher than the wheels! Not like this::

[​IMG]
*Taken from: [#-Link-Snipped-#

In our Bot, the COG (center of gravity) will be near the wheel center. Like this::

[​IMG]*Taken from:[#-Link-Snipped-#]
More details will be posted on our CE Bot Project Thread #4.

Prateek, post the pics as a reply on this thread. He will write down who's who this time with the pics 😀

P.S: Biggie, [youtube ][/..] thingy is not working properly, shows a blank Flash player at the center. Since, HTML code is disable, I cannot embed by the normal method.

Replies

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Nice report dude.
    You forgot the Chicken Sandwich. I also ordered a Chicken sandwich and was the only guy drinking, eating and then drinking 50% of the other guy's drink. In the end xhx ordered me to take money from him (his share of the bill)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Super Cool! Awesome! I'm sure we're going to get those machines done. You rock, fellas! 😁

Keep up the good work! 😁
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    *grumbles*

... though I must admit, the recon scout with the low COG does look interesting.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    ash
    *grumbles*

... though I must admit, the recon scout with the low COG does look interesting.
    Hahahahahahaha....can't help from laughing.
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    The new thread for CE bot Part Four has been created:

#-Link-Snipped-#

Ash, lower COG is what we will be doing.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Hmmm..well does our bot has been modelled that way!!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    By the way, Patty, will navneet and harish join us on CE?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Cool Stuff !!!

😔 I missed the CE meet with such a great ideas

-Crazy (I am all set for the next meet at Delhi)
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    ash
    By the way, Patty, will navneet and harish join us on CE?
    I don't know.
  • jatin-phoenix
    jatin-phoenix
    so patty, is the robot wired or uses ur cell phone?
  • jatin-phoenix
    jatin-phoenix
    what all features you guys wanna put in this bot?
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Jatin-phoenix, please look at the official CE Bot Forums for these information:

#-Link-Snipped-#(#-Link-Snipped-#)
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Cool report. Nice work dudes.

Patty we can have a Delhi Meet part two. I'm in Delhi over the coming weekend.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CarDomain and StreetFire, the no. 1 and no. 2 social networks for car enthusiasts, respectively, have merged. An announcement will be made later this morning. StreetFire CEO Glenn Rogers will...
Please tell why we cannot use diesel engine in bikes? It is the cheapest.
how many carburettors are used in v-engines?and in which bike or car it is used
Don't hurry for Nano; one more beautiful car is on its way to India ..! Make - Renault - Model - Yeni This car will be launching in India in...
This is the Fourth Part of CE Bot (CE R3) discussion. We have changed the design as discussed in the CE Delhi Meet (https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/ce-events/19663-ce-delhi-meet-news.html) New Design: 2 Wheeled robot with...