CE Brainache: Solve this puzzle

[Note: Puzzle, Image taken from #-Link-Snipped-# ]

In the late 40’s a soldier named Mark entered accidentally a square mined field (point A)... Two friends of him, at the edge of the field, shouted him and asked to continue walking directly towards the shelter B made from sand bags...

[​IMG]

So, all together from different directions started going straight ahead to the shelter. The average walking speed of the three soldiers was habitually 6 km/h, but Mark while he was crossing the mined field walked carefully at an average speed of 3 km/h. The two friends, at the edge of the field, were separated from each other by approx. 1060 meters.

Nevertheless, all three arrived simultaneously at the shelter 10 minutes later. Can you indicate on the drawing where initially did Mark’s friends stand and what is the area of the mined field? To solve this puzzle use only basic geometry, trigonometry is not allowed.

Puzzles of the Month

Replies

• LORD_EC
    LORD_EC
    I want to ask one thing.Can we modify this figure ? i mean to say is the orientation of final figure same as the figure shown or can we modify the orientation of the figure to adjust distance values ??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The figure is a copyrighted by the mentioned source. So it would be illegal to modify the existing image. However, feel free to draw your own image using MS paint & upload it on the Divshare. You may then post the image (by using link) along with your solution.

-The Big K-
  • LORD_EC
    LORD_EC
    I do not mean to say that.I was saying that is the image real ? Or it just want to show how A is in the mine filed and point B is outside ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If today is Wednesday, what is one day before the day, after the day, three days after the day before yesterday?​
Once again hitting the charts,a brand new album of linkin park,Minutes to midnight.. I just listened to the song "What I've Done".Its an amazing song. Anyone tried this song ???...
Hi CEans, I was just searching for what bloggers around the world have to say about CE 😁 and I found few interesting links. Following are few of them -...
There is a 50m long army platoon marching ahead. The last person in the platoon wants to give a letter to the first person leading the platoon. So while the...
hi, I'm not an engineer exactly, but, much worse, a translator, and I can tell you straight away that if any of you write manuals of any sort, chances are...