CAT 5 minimum current for 25 meters

Hello friends..
I want to transmit 40 kHZ square wave signal from 89c51RD2 pin over a distance of 25-30 meters and drive an Infrared LED(it requires about 50-100mA current) with it. Is it feasible? What circuitry is recommended?
I propose using current amplifier first near the port pin increasing the current level to about 50 mA (voltage level is 4.4 V) , and then transmit the signal 30 meters using CAT 5 and finally ZTX601(darlingon pair) to drive the LEDs . Is it enough or too much ?
Is it possible to get rid of one of the two transistors I am using? What is the minimum current required to faithfully transmit 40kHz (4.4V peak) square wave through the CAT 5 cable for 30 meters to drive the LEDs using/without using the transistor?
Please shed some light!
Thank You!

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Can anyone tell me about the scope and work of computer science engineers at Indian Space Research Organization??
Hi I want to know the foreign universities that provide summer training of 2 months after 3rd yr ? please help me out....
helloo friends , does anybody here knows about how to configure a forwarder DNS in LINUX redhat ?? please help me if you know that .
Hi. i have always seen painting systems using sprayers to paint cars, objects and buildings, etc. so i am wondering if implementation of an automatic wall painting machine is possible,...
What is mean by multistack in datastructure? Please give me the concept of multistack.