Castrade's Game Box lets your game consoles talk VGA, sweet nothings to your computer

#-Link-Snipped-#
If you have HDMI out on your game consoles and HDMI in on your computer monitor you can pretty much stop reading. If, however, you're still stuck in the analog realm, check out #-Link-Snipped-#'s upcoming CG-USC01HD-PLUS Game Box. It sports composite, S-video, and component inputs, porting everything over to VGA at resolutions ranging from 800 × 600 at 75Hz all the way up to 1920 x 1200 at 60Hz. But, with maximum input resolutions of 1080i or 720p, true 1080p to your display is right out. DVI output would also have been nice, but there are adapters for that, and since the box sports a VGA pass-through you can use that same monitor for PC gaming, too -- you know, in case you start to miss patches and pesky DRM and such. The Box ships in Japan on May 27 for ¥10,000, which equates to about $100 here. Just like that #-Link-Snipped-# in the background, though, there's no word of an official US release.

[Via #-Link-Snipped-#]#-Link-Snipped-#

Filed under: #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-# originally appeared on Engadget | Technology News & Reviews on Fri, 22 May 2009 08:56:00 EST. Please see our #-Link-Snipped-#.

#-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• game consoles
    game consoles
    Re: Castrade's Game Box lets your game consoles talk VGA, sweet nothings to your comp

which console is it in the picture

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

​Ah, a childhood favorite revisited. Years back, our hearts were taken by the one and only Robo Catcher, and now it seems the famed toy snatching game has seen a...
hi is there any degree or diploma available for network/system/internet security in india. I know about these courses: MS in internet security by Appin Technologies, Delhi 1 year PG diploma...
MP3 player block diagram (Jun. 29, '00) MP3 player circuit diagram Power supply and charger Parts list Latest version of the firmware (Aug 14,'00: R0.93) containing source files Control tools...
hello.. I have a built-in DC-DC Converter inside the microcontroller. So basically it takes in 0.9v and outputs up to 3.3v, according to the schematics. But I can't seem to...
This is a easy puzzle to start with , lot more reasoning questions to come . The Puzzle: Five friends have their gardens next to one another, where they grow...