'Cars' -- Go see it!

I will admit to being a fairly big fan of animated movies. Probably comes from the fact that I grew up with classic Chuck Jones (Roadrunner, et al) and Warner Bros. (Looney Tunes) stuff. However, I also consider myself to have fairly stiff standards.

To meet those standards, a feature-length animated flick needs to have artwork and CGI that will, to borrow a phrase, blow me away. It also needs complex characters, an in-depth story, and serious character growth.

There haven't been very many feature-length animated flicks that do this. 'Shrek' was one, and Miyazaki's 'Spirited Away' another. I'm happy to report that John Lasseter's current effort, 'Cars,' has also joined the list.

The movie struck a particular nerve with me because my grandfather, a civil engineer, was one of the primary movers-and-shakers behind our nation's interstate highway system, including Route 66! Lasseter and his crew managed to build into the movie a marvelous tribute to the all-too-uncommon 'Road Trip,' and the sights and towns one may find along the way on such.

I won't bother going into a long-winded description of the film itself because it's easy to find elsewhere. All I'm going to say is go see it BEFORE it leaves the theaters and their nice big screens. Enjoy!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kc7gr
    I will admit to being a fairly big fan of animated movies. Probably comes from the fact that I grew up with classic Chuck Jones (Roadrunner, et al) and Warner Bros. (Looney Tunes) stuff. However, I also consider myself to have fairly stiff standards.
    I must admit that I'm a Big fan of Warner Bros. production - Bugs Bunny 😁!
    kc7gr
    The movie struck a particular nerve with me because my grandfather, a civil engineer, was one of the primary movers-and-shakers behind our nation's interstate highway system, including Route 66! Lasseter and his crew managed to build into the movie a marvelous tribute to the all-too-uncommon 'Road Trip,' and the sights and towns one may find along the way on such.
    Amazing !

Well, Hope it won't be a long wait before it gets released here.

-The Big K-
  • crook
    crook
    I won't bother going into a long-winded description of the film itself because it's easy to find elsewhere. All I'm going to say is go see it BEFORE it leaves the theaters and their nice big screens. Enjoy!
    Okay! I promise , I will!

Croook

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I think I can manage that. Don't expect me to take it too seriously, though... Name: Bruce Lane Engineering Trade: Electronics (specializing in RF and telecommunications). Occupation: Electronics engineering tech,...
Okay, we have threads on Astrology & Telepathy. I'm starting a discussion on Hypnotism. 😕 Have you seen the famous hypnotist Paul McKenna performing on stage? All he does is...
Hi Everyone! I'm posting on behalf of my friend who is in search of a job. He is an experienced Java developer. Which is the best job search engine around?...
Hello CEans! I hope that this post will be useful to all. Please follow these pointers while posting questions in 'Help Me!' section- 1. Title your thread appropriately: - Thread...
hi.... try this puzzle there are two solutions containing water & milk in the ratio 1:4 & 1:5. now they mixed. so what is the ratio of water & milk...