Career Switch From IT To MBA

Sir,
I recently completed my graduation in ECE and now im going for a software testing course includes both automation and manual testing.Its a 3 month course. I am having so many doubts regarding my carrer.I want to do MBA in Marketing & HR field and would like to work in management field.If i got job in an IT sector because of my testing skills ,is it possible to switch my carrer path in management? And after gaining 1 or 2 years of experience in IT sector and then doing MBA,will the experince gets calculated?, or shall i look for marketing jobs after my short term course,so that the experince in marketing field gets calculated,i really dont know what to do,pls show me a path for this.Eagerly waiting for your replies.Pardon my language as iam not get used with this if any misspells came in my questions .

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# for inputs.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    #-Link-Snipped-# , there is lots of disconnect in your question.
    You did engineering from Electronics and going for Software field training (Testing) , over the top your field of interest is HR and Marketing.These three paths are different and you only know what you really like do.
    I can only suggest that, leave the job security and money stuff aside for a while and choose the work area you really like to do.
    I also understand that, after coming out college there is pressure to get job or join some higher study immediately.
    But instead of regretting later that you didn't try your own field of interest better to give a chance and see where you stand.
  • krishna kumar3316
    krishna kumar3316
    sir,my field of interest is in hr and marketing,if i want to be in marketing field, what should i do?Well i would like to join MBA next year onwards,so is it helpful for me to do marketing jobs within next year,though i dont know where to get that.But if i work for showrooms(car's) will it help me in experince gaining?
  • ram_149955
    ram_149955
    If you are interested in MBA then prepare for CAT or GMAT..why you are wasting time in going for testing course?

Just to clarify, If you do MBA from any normal colleges, you won't have much career but you will waste time and money. You need to do MBA from good college and for that you need lot of preparation and everyday is valuable for that.

Many people get fascinated by the MBA degree because they reach top positions easily and high salaries but you should really question yourself if you are really interested in that.

Very few succeed in going for MBA degree while working in IT company for full time there are so many candidates who can't do justice for both and end up far behind in the race.

My suggestion is just focus on what you are interested.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Rather then what you are wishing, did you try weighing your capabilities?

You did engineering in ECE, doing training in software testing and wish to do MBA in marketing and HR. I can understand about engineering, but if you wish to pursue your career in marketing and HR why you started software testing course?
    Buddy, these are the most important years of your and do not play with these years.

#-Link-Snipped-# - don't feel offended, the way you have written the post, your English doesn't look very sound as well. If that's the case think twice before aspiring for MBA in HR and marketing.

Do a SWOT analysis and try to find your strengths and aspirations and work on those strengths to build your career.
  • krishna kumar3316
    krishna kumar3316
    yea sir I'm trying to improve my communication skills
  • krishna kumar3316
    krishna kumar3316
    Sir I'm going for the testing course to gain some knowledge in that section.Im preparing for cat also.Bt parents don't like me to be in home ,they are looking for the job.The reason behind testing is this
  • Sushant J
    Sushant J
    Hey Krishna,

I do understand your situation because lately even I am shaping my career from Metal fabrication to Software. It is indeed a tough journey but nothing is impossible if you love what you do.

If you like some thing; carry on with it and excel it. Success and Money will automatically follow.

By the way when u do MBA you have to either choose Marketing or HR. Because they aren't one and the same. In HR you have so many branches like Employee relation, Recruitment, payroll and like wise Marketing does has it own branches. Whats your pick now?

I think you are much more fascinated with the term MBA as it is a usual hype made by parents that you wont get a good girl if you not holding that degree. LOL.

But on a serious not you will have to analyze your strengths and weakness before switching career path. Or else I do have friends with MBA degree in marketing who had to sell generators and they are in call centers now.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

My relative gave me an electrifying test drive in his Tesla Zero Emission car on Washington DC roads. Unbelievable acceleration, stability and lack of vibration and noise at 100 mph....
Even regular offices in India are short on many aspects of this mobile one.
I am doing btech in computer science . I know c,c++,html. I am currently working on a website. my teacher has told me that I have to submit the project...
Hi people im a new member here i want to get straight to the matter.so,i have completed my engineering in E&C my aggregate is just about 50% I had gotten...
i have completed my BE automobile and now i want to do MS in mechanical from USA but dont know much about different majors and most importantly which major will...