Career suggestion-help me out

hi...๐Ÿ˜€
I'm new to CE and hope i can improve my knowledge through this wonderful website.
Well...I'm doing my B.tech 4th year CSE . I'm mad about doing job in software company and that to in TCS but at the same time i am very much afraid whether i'll get selected or not through campus. This is only because of my 10th class marks.I got 59% in CBSE. I secured 83% in Intermediate and I have an aggregate of 70% in B.tech uptil 3rd year 2nd semester. Can i get selected through campus with these marks? Am I eligible for campus? Please suggest me if i am not eligible.

Replies

• *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    Sorry dear, but tcs wants 60% through out ( 10th onwards ) But i have seen that you have done good in your btech. See, you are still eligible in companies like wipro, syntel, microland, kpit cumins and all small companies. Try hard for them. Any problem/query then do ask me.

Good luck ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm not sure about the current eligibility criteria TCS has. But if 60% is what they ask then you might have a bad luck at the beginning. But you can still get into TCS ๐Ÿ˜€

The strategy to follow is to get a job with other company and build a solid technical profile in the first two years. Apply for TCS. I'm quite sure that TCS will be more than happy to recruit you. That strategy has worked for many to get into their dream companies.
  • demetron
    demetron
    I too had a similar kind of situation much worse i think... i had 59% in 10th CBSE ,12th 71% state board but this is nothing ...compared to my 2 years gap in BE (60%) CS

i am a coder from heart and sole ,i used to crack softwares when i was in school(quit that long time ago...common i was a kid ๐Ÿ˜ ),moderated some tech forums,write blogs,help all my friends in there project,but all this things doesn't matter now.
    And i am not even looking to get into big companies like TCS or infosys with there 4lakh+ package
    i just want a startup to prove myself ,but even the small companies don't allow some one like me to appear for interview. is that means end of my career?

thinking of to prepare for GATE or go for CDAC what other options i have?
    give some suggestion plz. thanks
  • monkey_007
    monkey_007
    *pushkar*
    Sorry dear, but tcs wants 60% through out ( 10th onwards ) But i have seen that you have done good in your btech. See, you are still eligible in companies like wipro, syntel, microland, kpit cumins and all small companies. Try hard for them. Any problem/query then do ask me.

Good luck ๐Ÿ˜€
    Thanks Pushkar ...bit depressed ๐Ÿ˜” but dat's okay....๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€
  • monkey_007
    monkey_007
    The_Big_K
    I'm not sure about the current eligibility criteria TCS has. But if 60% is what they ask then you might have a bad luck at the beginning. But you can still get into TCS ๐Ÿ˜€

The strategy to follow is to get a job with other company and build a solid technical profile in the first two years. Apply for TCS. I'm quite sure that TCS will be more than happy to recruit you. That strategy has worked for many to get into their dream companies.
    Thank you ...I'm also planning for the same strategy ....๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Abstract: Typically, in an auction, say of the kind used to sell art, the auctioneer sets a relatively low initial price. This price is then increased until only one bidder...
First things first - I suck at Economics and Finance and try to make my own personal finance related decisions based on common sense. It's worked pretty well for me...
It is used to manage the export activities of the organization, which exports different kinds of goods to their customers across the globe. Abstract: The application should provide customers a...
The idea is to develop a virtual classroom to promote a great count of students to splurge into the field of education. Abstract: Virtual Classroom integrates the benefits of a...
Anyone who has a six sigma certification..please reply to this post..!!