(Career)Jump into LED : For your shining future & broader prospects(Electronics & Comm Engineers)

LED ∝ GROWTH :
LED enjoys the reputation of being a growing segment worldwide even if the economies are facing a global slowdown. One section which is only consistently growing in electronics industry is LED technology. It will continue to boost all across the world & India is no exception.India is growing 25-30% in this field, but if government focus in correct path, we will see almost double the sales within next two years.Companies like Wipro & Philips are banking big on the Indian market & thus they have chosen to invest in this proper sector. Wipro has invested heavily in the R&D.Around 30% of workforce at Wipro are working on innovating new technology.Needless to say, LED is emerging as one of the brightest career option particularly in Indian economy where not enough talent available & demand for talent is far far more than that of supply.

DEARTH OF TALENT :
Engineering colleges are not taking LED lightening technology seriously.The prelimnary education on LED is given but student lacks advanced LED education especially SMD devices available in the market.Most students are not aware of SMD devices used in market which is driving force of LED market right now.

CAREER :
In AICTE norms, LED as an industry is not clearly segmented & taught because of very latest development in this sector.Sahasra Sambhav Skill Development in Noida is one institution where three month addon course in this proper field is taught.The B.E. holder in Electronics & Communication, Electrical & Electronics can apply for course, which clears all the prospects of future of LED Engineering.

Earlier lightening was confined as electrical domain, but because of advent lightening electronics has overshadowed electrical part.LED lightening mainly includes luminaries.One part is how lightening works & second one is integration of power electronics including what should be the drivers of LEDs & then the right selection of LEDs.All these three aspects are covered in training.

GREEN PRESIDENTS AS WELL :
LED lightening is one handsomely paid streams of Engineering simply because there is certainly no saturation in the company.A fresher can get annual package of Rs 250K to begin with (ofcourse per Annum). Obviously, income differs from company to company.

I was tired of reading threads where Electronics & Communication Engineers unemployed one were asking about "what to do next" in future.SO, shared it. VLSI is good. Embedded Systems is good. But this is future !

Source : Electronicsforyou magazine.

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    TSH nice one here can you get more intel about the institute my friends sense it as real strange place
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Conqueror
    TSH nice one here can you get more intel about the institute my friends sense it as real strange place
    Buddy, I don't know much about the institute, I read it in EFY magazine, I think whatever comes in EFY magazine is legit, plus there might be many other institutes teaching that specific LED lightening course in cities like Pune & Bangalore, you just have to troll hard 😉
    By the way, we have some CEans in Noida, you can surely ask them for help if you want, & I believe they'll surely try their best to provide you the information 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Goudreau Museum, a small museum devoted to math, closed a few years ago in Long Island USA, much to the disappointment of Glen Whitney, a mathematician, who decided to...
Swami Vivekanada said: 'If you are poor, work. If you are rich, work. If you are burdened with un-seemingly unfair responsibilities, work. If disappointments come, work. If sorrow overwhelms you...
iam interested in doing mtech in embedded and wireless control.pls give me a feed back about the scope of this course.
Can Anybody help me with finding online ansys electrical tutorials?
In past year we have seen various malicious applications trying to steal information from institutions like banks and oil companies but this one sends in a direct threat to the...