Career in software testing in USA, Skills & Experience Requirements

Hello Kaustubh Katdare how are you?

for past few days i have seen seeing your posts many of my doubts are clarified,your posts are very useful.By the way iam working as a web based Tester with 2.5 year experience.Iam doing ONLY manual testing for websites and for mobile apps.
1.Now i want learn qtp and selinium and want to try in MNC 's is it possible to learn qtp and selinium with the help of google? or is it complusory to join in training institues/online classes ? if it possible can you provide some good websites which teaches qtp and selinium.
-And can you please tell me now a days what are requirements/qualities does the MNC's looking from a 2-3 years experienced tester?
2.And also iam interested to work in US is it possible for a tester to work in United states?
-is there any companies send their testers to US?
-I would like to ask you whether is there any opportunities to work in US as a tester if it is what are the qualities do i need?

your reply is very valuable for me ,awaiting for your reply..

Thank you.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE #-Link-Snipped-# . I'm glad that you found answers to most of your queries on CrazyEngineers.

1. It totally depends on your learning abilities. If you are disciplined and believe in self-study; you should be able to teach yourself all that's needed. There are online courses available which you can take.

-You should do a quick search on job portals and newspapers for the skills and experience required by MNCs in your city or locality.

2. Yes, it is possible for a testing engineer to work in the USA. Not sure what you mean. Any company will send testing engineer to USA if the project demands it and there are opportunities. There can't be a well defined answer to your question.

- You'll have to search for the job opportunities. But be assured that they exist; and you need to match your skills set.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Growing up in the 90s in India invariably meant that you'd read the Chacha Chaudhary comics. I remember having read almost every Chacha Chaudhary comics book ever released. The digests...
Appointy, an online scheduling software, was founded by Nemesh Singh in 2006. Appointy is an advanced web-based scheduling software tool that works on .NET & MSSql. Appointy allows users to...
With a perspective of providing no-power connectivity to ‘internet of things’ devices, a research team at University of Washington has developed a power-efficient technology called Wi-Fi Backscatter that will enable...
The wait is finally over, Microsoft’s next gen console; the Xbox One arrives in India on 23rd September 2014. Amazon (India) has made the announcement on its website and has...
hello everyone, i need some help regarding gate 2015. I did my engineering in electrical stream and am a 2013 passed out.After my graduation ,i have taken coaching on java...