Career in SEO is also good for engineers

Hello... Crazy engineers Today, I am here for discuss in the field of SEO for engineers. All the comments are welcome....

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've never really understood what SEOs do apart from building backlinks (basically spamming forums) and creating 1. friendly urls 2. adding meta description 3. optimising on speed.
  • Chinu1
    Chinu1
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've never really understood what SEOs do apart from building backlinks (basically spamming forums) and creating 1. friendly urls 2. adding meta description 3. optimising on speed.
    Sir, SEO is not only building links but also It is the process of getting traffic from the “free,” “organic,” “editorial” or “natural” listings on search engines. All major search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing have such results, where web pages and other content such as videos or local listings are shown and ranked based on what the search engine considers most relevant to users.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    From what I've learned so far - If you have a really good content, search engines will find you and list you somehow. You need not 'optimise' on anything.

Could you tell me what all is involved in the job of SEO? I see that you represent an SEO company. Are you aware that signatures are not shown to guest visitors here? Also all the links in profile are 'nofollow'? They won't influence ranks.
  • Chinu1
    Chinu1
    Sir, Good content is not sufficient for a website. Optimization is also necessary for a website.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Chinu1
    Sir, Good content is not sufficient for a website. Optimization is also necessary for a website.
    Are you saying that if I write a plain text document or a PDF without any optimisation, it won't rank well in search engine?

I bet if the text of the document is 'rich', it would definitely rank well in Google (at least). SEO died several years ago, I think.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Chrome's latest experiment is a real-time video game built with WebRTC. WebRTC is an open web-based technology that allows real-time communication without the hassle of plug-ins. Once Cube Slam has...
Following the official launch of Amazon eCommerce store in India, the company has just announced the arrival of Amazon Fire HD, Kindle Paperwhite and the Kindle via the Kindle Store...
Some people think, Playing "Hardcore games" like Battlefield 3, God Of War, Farcry 2, Uncharted 2, Call OF Duty Series, etc etc makes them "Hardcore gamer". Well, that's funniest thing...
Intel intends to deliver on the ever-growing need of storage space for Cloud Computing. The Solid-State Drive Data Center S3500 Series aims to increase multicore CPU utilization, reduce rack space...
The biggest problem associated with two-wheelers, especially scooters is that getting your vehicle on the main stand is a trouble. I haven't seen much of innovation on that front, but...