Career as SEO - Good Or Bad?

hi frds ..I am shruti soni. I completed my computer engineering at past in 2013.currently i am working in SEO expert(search engine optimization).but my frds said me "this not right job for u. plz go through development field. SEO has no future at all ".
plz help me to take perfect decision for my safe career.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Welcome to CE. I've moved your discussion to the most appropriate section of CE.
  • shruti soni
    shruti soni
    #-Link-Snipped-# thank u sir..
  • shruti soni
    shruti soni
    hi frds ..I am shruti soni. I completed my computer engineering at past in 2013.currently i am working in SEO expert(search engine optimization).but my frds said me "this not right job for u. plz go through development field. SEO has no future at all ".
    plz help me to take perfect decision for my safe career.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - SEO isn't a computer science engineering job per se. It's not an engineering job either. Of course you'd be interacting with code (mostly HTML), link-building, clean URLs etc. SEO industry is heavily based on search engines; which as you are aware, continue to make chances on daily basis.

Have you thought of the career prospects for yourself in SEO industry? Take a look at your own current organization and find out how the career looks like for you. Are there any exciting prospects?

Safe career is a myth! There's a good chance that you will survive any career even with average performance. But if you are targeting some real growth; you'll have to keep progressing; which is a mix of your overall technical skills-set, your performance in the organisation and your interpersonal, social skills. The most common advice you'll find on CE is that you should choose the career that goes with your interests.

If you have the opportunity to opt for development, you should definitely explore it and make efforts to switch; if you like it.
  • shruti soni
    shruti soni
    #-Link-Snipped-# Sir i am good in both field Seo and development as i think..
    so now for safe future which is best for me???Become a Developer or a SEO expert..
    very much confuse about it..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    As I said, you'll have to do a search on the opportunities for growth in the SEO field. Also, check if you can get a job of a developer in the domain of your choice. Again, there's nothing like 'safe future'. There are people who've made careers in both SEO and development fields. Which one suits you is entirely your choice.
  • shruti soni
    shruti soni
    #-Link-Snipped-# ok..sir i got my ans absolutely ...thanx for ur best suggestion and u clear my points about this at all..

thank u so much

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Watch this video and start debate. https://bit.ly/SKaAMw P.S: Stay Human...Stay curious.
Hello CEans ! So I am here again to introduce you to another fellow CEan. An amazing photographer, whose photos have robbed many hearts. An astounding creative designer (Yes Anoop!...
PriceBaba is a Mumbai-based price and product research platform that provides retailers with information on the buying behavior of Indian consumers. PriceBaba was launched in 2011 by Annkur P Agarwal...
Nokia, the Finnish smartphone maker, had unveiled the Nokia Lumia 630 at the Microsoft’s Build Developers Conference 2014 back in April. Today, the company has launched this smartphone for its...