career advice please

hey i am new to CE.
im doing Btech in CSE from MTU, Noida.
i am an average studying student, i score around 68-70%.
these days im having some confusion regarding "after BTech"
i am not sure if i should prepare for GATE/CAT exams or not.
the reasons im thinking to prepare are:
1. if i get a good rank i can do masters from a reputed institute.
2. i can also get placed in much better companies as many of them consider if you have qualified GATE(i guess so).
the reasons im getting confused:
1.i know i can get placed in the final year because im overall fine at academics!
2.i basically want to make my career in ethical hacking.
3.im not sure if i will be able to do the general knowledge, reasonings and stuff which are in the GATE/CAT syllabus. so i don't want to waste my parents money in preparation.

please people help me! suggest me what should i do! should i go for some language courses or some other courses! or what? im very much confused! please help me!

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Thread moved to Jobs & Carrier Section.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Welcome to CE #-Link-Snipped-# 😀
    You seem to be confused about what you actually want to do. From what you wrote here, it seems you have interests in a. ethical hacking b. higher studies (related to CS).
    My suggestion is to first make up your mind if you really want to go in for technical studies or management studies for further education.
    If you love your branch, go for GATE. If you think you will like to perceive a managerial role, go for MBA through CAT.
  • Cyro
    Cyro
    ok thanks!
    see what i actually want to is ethical hacking stuff!
    but there aint any proper hacking degree courses in India right?
    plus the thoughts of CAT or GATE comes from the surrounding...like other people in the neighbourhood..or when uncles aunts will give you speeches! that's the reason im getting confused!
    but i actually want to do some great in ethical hacking! any suggestions for that?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If ethical hacking is what you want to do; then figure out the possible career choices you have. I think cyber security is what you should be looking at. That'd require you an exceptional grip over computer systems and networks.

CAT / GATE would simply waste your time.
  • Cyro
    Cyro
    what are the courses for cyber security ?
  • Reya
    Reya
    If you are so much interested in Cyber Security, Why don't you do M.S Information security in any of the reputed universities?

Some of the Universities which offers M.S Information security.

1.Carnegie Mellon University.
    2.Georgia Tech
    3.Georgia washington university.
    4.Purdue University
    5.George Mason University.
    6.University of Sanfrancisco.
    7.John Hopkins University.
    8.North eastern University
    9.University college,London.

Some of the Cyber security courses in INDIA is given in this link.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Cyro
    Cyro
    thank you all for replying 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what are the pc interfacing tenchnique?
sorry the last line of code is System.out.println(a.length); what exactly length is...😎
Galaxy Note II, the next installment in the 7 million strong Galaxy Note series is expected to be available by October 2012; around the same time as iPhone 5. Samsung...
Flipkart has forayed into the online toy store! The online megastore now lists toys into various categories for different age ranges. Interesting! See: https://www.flipkart.com/toys
Hi guys, i need help regarding the application of heat generation along a direction in ansys