Carbon nanotubes and body armors

I'll dedicate this thread to textile engineers!

The FutureWeapons showcased 'DragonSkin' - the body armour that survives almost everything!

Watch this youtube clip -

[youtube]aYaSRIbPWkM[/youtube]

I had read somewhere that the use of carbon nanotubes [What is it anyway? 😒 ] makes this possible.

Can anyone throw more light on this?

[PS: I'm now trying for Mr. Murray Neal, CEO of Dragon Skin! for Small Talk 😉 ]

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Awesome stuff. Im sure Patty would love this 😉
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Quite Interesting. A scale armor made of silicon carbide ceramic plates. In the tests conducted by "Future Weapons" the vest was able to hold against armor piercing rounds from AK-47, M16(5.56 Caliber)...etc and an explosion from a M67 hand grenade.
    But the US Army says that the Dragon Skin had failed their tests and is not up to the standard of the Interceptor. But the Pinnacle CEO Mr. Murray Neal claims that dragon skin passed all tests. Quite controversial.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    raj87verma88
    Quite Interesting. A scale armor made of silicon carbide ceramic plates. In the tests conducted by "Future Weapons" the vest was able to hold against armor piercing rounds from AK-47, M16(5.56 Caliber)...etc and an explosion from a M67 hand grenade.
    But the US Army says that the Dragon Skin had failed their tests and is not up to the standard of the Interceptor. But the Pinnacle CEO Mr. Murray Neal claims that dragon skin passed all tests. Quite controversial.
    At least, I'm happy with what I saw.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    raj87verma88
    Yeap, apparently the Army banned it even before testing it themselves. What kind of testing did they do? Maybe its a political reason, since even the creator of the Interceptor vouches for the Dragon Skin.
  • icehari
    icehari
    Cool.....
    this is interesting....
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Might be it has failed in some extreme conditions I dont think US army will reject this super armour,US Army is the most technoe-savvy and adopts new technology really fast!!!
    Anyhow its demonstration are promising
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    sauravgoswami
    Might be it has failed in some extreme conditions I dont think US army will reject this super armour,US Army is the most technoe-savvy and adopts new technology really fast!!!
    Anyhow its demonstration are promising
    This is the most techno savvy. Much better and more advanced than the interceptor.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    is this company based out of USA???

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want all of you to spare few minutes [ 20, precisely! ] to watch this video - [youtube]iG9CE55wbtY[/youtube] What do you have to say?
Time to declare your new year [2009] resolution. Big K's New Year Resolution : 1. Pay attention to health. 2. Sleep more :smile: 3. Work on honing guitaring skills. 4....
need help with designing an expert system for a small hospital/clinic information management
Can anyone help me some proper links to tutorials on Basic terminal commands and shell scripting of Linux? I am new to using Linux and have just got Red Hat...
So, MTV Youth Icon 2008 results are out! Ankit Fadia, the ethical hacker, is MTV India's Youth Icon 2008! Source: PEPSI MTV YOUTH ICON A child genius, he's a cyber...