Car without fuel

Can we put "solar panel or embedded solar chips" on the roof of the car and by modify it we can use solar energy as a fuel to run it?
If yes, then we can use ofc for transmission the light because there is not any loss.

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    There solar power harvesters now in many forms in the market

And even solar powered cars are more common in the streets but your OFC is a new thing to my ears

What and How are you planning to implement it pal ??

Very eager to know about this
  • Tarun Goel
    Tarun Goel
    jeffrey samuel
    There solar power harvesters now in many forms in the market

And even solar powered cars are more common in the streets but your OFC is a new thing to my ears

What and How are you planning to implement it pal ??

Very eager to know about this
    You are right that this idea is more common, but i just want to say that can we use OFC for transmission of solar energy as we know that ofc can't transmit current but due to Total internal reflection in ofc it can simply pass solar energy(photons).
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Photons fall directly on the Pv cells and can cause power to be created

But i don't think this method is really cost efficient in practise
  • Tarun Goel
    Tarun Goel
    jeffrey samuel
    Photons fall directly on the Pv cells and can cause power to be created

But i don't think this method is really cost efficient in practise
    if no fuel left then no cars will run. I know it's not cost efficient but still it can be by some modifications.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I find this more helpful

Drawing all the energy from solar power may cos this problem so how about using it in hybrid cars

Next what exactly is the role of OFC in your design

what are you planning
  • Tarun Goel
    Tarun Goel
    I have no such plan, but only innovative idea. and i like your idea hybrid cars
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I see 😎

Current hybrid cars runs on Petrol and electricity

But I don't think we need an OFC in a solar powered cars as the solar panels are left in the open surface to face the sun and thus gain maximum energy from the sun's light
  • Tarun Goel
    Tarun Goel
    If there is max. gain of energy then we should use OFC definitely as because then our car take less time to get charge and to run
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Now we use high reflector panels that focuses 100 % of the incident light on the solar panel
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Well, the idea of using OFC's is really crazy yet wonderful. The light can by transmitted using OFC's in a manner similar to electricity to the electric engines in railways (research will be required to create ofc's which can supply continuously and the connection can be moved smoothly), then the internal solar panels will be required on which the photons will be focused using lenses and mirrors, then this continuous supply can make car run.. but for the attainment of enough speed, high energy will be required which I think won't be possible through this method..
    An alternative method will be to create solar power fueling stations, which will use solar panels to charge batteries and we can return used up batteries and get charged ones.. would like to hear more views on this..😒
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    First of all, FOCs are pretty small. Also the light energy has to be concentrated to attain maximum possible intensity of energy.

Second, You cannot just pass photos in FOCs as you want. Certain angle (>90 degree with normal) to be maintained to attain total internal reflection else you won't obtain output. Inshort it is loss.

Third, I don't wanna demotivate you but hey listen, light energy is obtained to earth from sun... In between sun & earth there is lots of resistance & loss of energy rightly begins from the moment energy leaves sun. If you want lossless transmission of solar energy you have to make very long FOC which is practically impossible.
    Just keeping FOCs above solar cells won't affect much as loss will be pretty negligible unless your FOC is very close to Sun or even close to troposphere, damn shit sounds crazy.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

why dont we use solar energy for towers by fixing solar panels to towers and produce power for towers
I would just like to know that what is the difference between exit,exit(0) and exit(1).Please help me.
Hi, Could anybody suggest a brief explanation of .inc extension file. I want its main purpose compared with other extension files. 😉
i am a nigerian, a graduate in electronics and computer. still pushing forward to know more on electronics and computer. right now, i am a technologist in one of the...
some times i really think that taking Comp. Sc. as my stream of BE....restrict me in many ways specially when i compare it any other core branch.I mean i can't...