Car sensor help

Hi,

For measuring the "speed / velocity" of an average car, I need some high res sensors. I've figured out two ways,

1. The average wheel / vehicle speed sensors that i've come across (for one car) give 8 pulse per rotation. Is this the same in case of other car or is it better.
If this value is the same (on an average), then is there any sensor that i can use which will give me around 100 - 200 pulses per rotation so that i could have a res of around 0.2 - 0.5 inch per pulse.
Again i'm a bit "confused" as to how to get this "fitted" into the car, any suggestions
And then again would this be a good option

2. If the car has an ABS system installed, i feel this could be used:
can i tap one of it's sensors to check the speed? as the ABS sensor can detect upto 1500 rpm.
If i cannot tap then is there any way that i can use the same ABS setup to get the information out of it? i.e. by communicating with the ABS ECU

Thanks

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

😒 i want to do a project on pyrolysis of tyre anyone know how much cost required
CEans, After talking to couple of custom t-shirt vendors it's become clear that : 1. If we print t-shirts with the same message/image in bulk - we can keep the...
I have an assignment which is : write an article for a person who hasn't entered university yet on The benefits that engineering has brought to the world. It has...
Egypt Telecom has suffered 13% revenue loss through voice calls over the prior year. The reason being the cheaper VoIP calls. The government has sprung into action and has specifically...