Car engines efficiency

not familiar with car engines.........If the volumetric efficiency of an engine remains constant, and the carburetion is adjusted to maintain the same air-fuel ratio, how can we determine the percentage loss in power for an engine at 300 m elevation, compared to sea level on a standard day??

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    efficiency as we all know is the ratio of output power to input power.

first of all determine the efficiency of the engine, when the car is driven on a normal smooth road.

after that determine the efficiency, by driving the car on the elevation specified, maintaining the same linear speed, as was maintained on the level ground.

the difference between the two efficiencies gives you the percentage of power loss.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I wanna to know whether any website for free downloading of PLC software.
We used to have a dedicated section for books, but we decided to merge it with the Chit-Chat section because of inactivity. Now that we are bigger I see a...
During the patent infringement dispute between Samsung and Apple; Tim Cook, CEO of Apple & Larry Page, CEO of Google had a long secret chat on phone last week. Larry...
I am saranya.. I am doing my fourth year M.Sc. Information Technology at Anna University.. When I was searching for some good placement preparation I saw this.. I am so...
Hii everyone, This is Sri Lakshmi , pursuing my B'Tech in computer science branch.