Capacitor &Crystal

Hi all,

Whats the use of capacitors connected to input and output pins of crystals.i.e one terminal of capacitor is connected to crystal pins other terminal to ground.

What the use of capacitor here?

Replies

• sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    they are used to control the requency and avoid the crystal goin into resonance
  • rongo024
    rongo024
    To reduce noise...Actually it helps to smooth operation..
  • josenit1787
    josenit1787
    rongo024
    To reduce noise...Actually it helps to smooth operation..
    It will be of great help if you could elaborate this point a little more.
    Thankyou.
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    Let me tell you guys,peizo electric crystals or quartz crystals has timer functionality.So to keep an operational accuracy ,capacitors are grounded,be it from i/p pin or o/p,only for bypassing any surge voltage to get inside the device & damage the same,since crystals are very sensitive to fluctuating current
  • neo1786
    neo1786
    the capacitors will ground any spikes produced by the crystal and ensure tht no high frequency comp enters ur circuit.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello guys........................................................
With a lot of brouhaha happening over the past few months over the declining economy, the world and more importantly US (and its other derived economies) look upon the web...
*Engineering Trade:electrical and electronics Location:visakhapatnam *Occupation: (Student; B.E 2nd year) *Hobbies & Interests: very fond of getting to know new innovative things hobby listening to music *Aim in life: to...
Electrnoics engineering:is a branch of engineering which deal with assembling, testing, troubleshooting and coupling of electronics components , like, resistor,doide,capacitor, transistor and electronics parameters for the design of certain circuit...
hi guys.... was just surfing the web when i dropped on to this site. its got some great info. i hope to have a pleasant experience here.