can you help me with i386 issue in Os installation

i have a laptop with 965GM intel chipset with 667MHz 1gb ram and also T7100 Intel C2D proccesor but i have certain isuues installing i386 OS versions of Linux like Suse 10.2 i386,FC8 etc...it somehow hangs up in the middle ..ex in FC8 even before anaconda...loads it hangs up with some ***.img file loading....
However it loads in suse 10.2 x64 easily ..i've been using dat for long now....
i tried asking the vendor ...company but for no use...every similar comp faced the same problem...Well the media ain't currupt for sure as i loaded up both linuxes with same dvd in another comps!

The problem was'nt with versioning...as even recent version of fc8 i386 failed in my comp!!
Also there is a problem with fc8 ...if during installation of OS we fail to install grub boot loader..it doesn't let us install it later....cn anyone help me with this...pls don't suggest repairing FC8..or reinstallation!!

Replies

• Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Hi led kid,

Heres what you do to get your FC8 installation in the grub, use a livecd of any distro, boot.

Then open the console and run the grub program.

RecoveringUbuntuAfterInstallingWindows - Community Help Wiki
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Also, can we get the dump of the error log to pinpoint the problem exactly. What I generally do when faced with such problems, is that google for these errors ... you generally get a solution after some patient searching.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i have to multiply 2 n*m matrices using pointers and the most optimal solution is expected.
Can anyone plz direct me what to concentrate on if i wanna take up quantum physics as a foundation for quantum computing. I love physics n this IT stream has...
Okay, The opening lines of a famous book have been decoded here. Use your logic and stay away from the Google. Tell me what's written below - B dj blrtquctek...
I found an interesting site over here. I guess those of us who have all the free time, can crack this puzzle together. There are multiple levels. So let's get...
I failed to find a special forum for ECE members. So,i am starting a one. Lets start the THINGS.