Can you Design: Your Own Home

I am BACK !!! with another series of Can You Design:

This time its differnt then las times... you need not to jump into technicalities. All of us live in our houses, and some of us use to get our house designed by a architicet. Have you ever thought that you can design your dream house on your own?

Could you give it a try to design your own house?; I do understand that we have people from all the part of the world. So someone want to design a wood house another a concrete one. or any other type. So in this thread you just need to write your idea of designing a house of which material, and then the design.

Design means architects only; how many rooms, washrooms, lobby, dininig area, parking... and bla bla bla; only condition is area is 30-30 feet only, so if you are designing 3 rooms give size of everything as well. If you can post a screenshot or picture that would be great. Now give it a try...

-CB

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    30x30 just for the house right? How about the plot size? πŸ˜€
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    ash
    30x30 just for the house right? How about the plot size? πŸ˜€
    Oops !!! you caught me second time in a day😁

Plot area is 30*40 and construction area is 30*30.

-CB
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ah, just wanted clarification πŸ˜€ no intention of "catching" you for mistakes, hehe πŸ˜›

This is cool. I've always wanted some sort of energy saving house with automation stuff (think Iron Man). I think I can still augument a half court inside the house too, lol.

Will try designing it on SketchUp this week πŸ˜€
  • Red Hawk
    Red Hawk
    I love designing my house.. I hav always fascinated glass and wood houses.. I wish i could build them one day for myself.. Now i am just trying to give a soul for my dream house..
  • gohm
    gohm
    Actually have personally done this. Built a two story home in the mountains of Alaska with my family while in high school. My dad and I did the design. Packed in all the supplies by hand and we built it over the course of a year.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Eagerly waiting to see engineering design skills of fellow CEans
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    gohm
    Actually have personally done this. Built a two story home in the mountains of Alaska with my family while in high school. My dad and I did the design. Packed in all the supplies by hand and we built it over the course of a year.
    Man, thats awesome! So basically its a vacation home for you now, or was it for another client?

and did you managed to take pics? πŸ˜€
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    1) Foundation - important in almost all civil structures.
    2) Pillars - Though they are not visible nowadays, but, pillars made of reinforced concrete are used to support the structure.
    3) Girder beams to support the roof.
    4) The amount of rainfall/snowfall recieved in the area would determine the type of roof i.e. slope or flat.
    5) Taking into account the natural activities of the area i.e. seismic, wind forces and others that may damage the house.
    6) Proper drainage for kitchen, bathroom and rain water.
    7) Proper ventilation.
    8) The construction should be such that sufficient sunlight enters the house.
    9) Since at 900 sq. feet the house is a small one, 2 bedrooms, a dining/sitting room, a kitchen and a bathroom would be sufficient.
    10) It should be a single story, though a duplex construction can be done.
    Will write more points later.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Oops !!!

Good one Patty !!

However this time I was looking for design measurements. Means something like... You want 2 rooms, 1 kitchen, 2 restrooms, 1 staircase, 1 balcony... what would be the size of these you can accomodate in 30*30

I just gave example ... you can choose your own design ... Any plan diagram would help a lot to others.

-CB
  • thisisananth
    thisisananth
    Interesting thread crazyboy, really interested to see the designs submitted here..
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Disappointed.

Looks like no buddy is interested. Everybody is thinking.... why to bother ... go and deal with a architect... right guyz... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

-CB
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    This seems to be an old tread but very interesting.
    what do we need to submit...Floor plan and different views of house???
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    yeah lets do this!!! 😁

@CB: lets bring this thread alive. πŸ˜€

CEans : come up with your plans. lets have some fun here πŸ˜€
  • just_Ritu
    just_Ritu
    I am eager to view the designs submitted by the budding CEansπŸ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Let's finalize this one as soon as possible. We'll need a general agenda for our CE City Meets. So share your ideas on what do you expect from CE...
Boy! I'm using FireFox 3.5 RC3 and it's rocking fast! 😁😁 I guess Mozilla folks have incorporated their new javascript rendering engine in 3.5 and I can notice the speed!...
what is the main difference between micro processor and micro controller
hi there am new member in CE, and it is my first time for me here i joint CE to improve my knowladge and skill in engineering life. am in...
I think it would be better if CEans provided with an option like watch list. To subscribe to all threads of particular section. In this way the CEan can add...