can we use turbo charger in two wheeler's (bikes)

hello friends...
we are using turbo charges in buses and in lorry and trucks why can't we use turbo charger in bikes it use to increase efficiency know ??

Replies

• white_hat
    white_hat
    A turbocharger works with the pressure and velocity of exhaust gases.In a two-wheeler the exhaust gases produced is not enough to efficiently run a turbocharger.
    A supercharger maybe an option..
  • Mahesindai
    Mahesindai
    why can't we use or try to design a small turbocharge for two wheeler's
  • white_hat
    white_hat
    Find the difference between a turbocharger and supercharger.
  • venkatking.v
    venkatking.v
    Friends..
    Already some turbo charged bikes are available..Honda made a production turbo bike available to the public - CX500T
    Honda CX500T Turbo: review, history, specs - CycleChaos
    Yamaha made a production turbo bike - XJ650 TURBO
    Yamaha XJ650 Turbo
  • white_hat
    white_hat
    Turbocharger for a 100cc motorcycle is not feasible. A supercharger can be added but production cost will be high.
  • venkatking.v
    venkatking.v
    white_hat
    Turbocharger for a 100cc motorcycle is not feasible. A supercharger can be added but production cost will be high.
    sir, can u explain elaborately..?
  • white_hat
    white_hat
    venkatking.v
    sir, can u explain elaborately..?
    Just like i said the 100cc engine does not develop exhaust gases with enough pressure and velocity so that we can use it run a turbine.
    Supercharger takes its drive from engine crankshaft itself, this can be used but the overall cost of producing such a engine will be high.The turbine blades is costly to manufacture, the engine must have fuel injection system to optimize its performance.A powerfull engine means the transmission system should be changed ,so the cost of the product will higher.
  • Mahesindai
    Mahesindai
    thanks friends..........
  • Mahendra Shatagar
    Mahendra Shatagar
    Guys I am currently working on this project(turbocharged two wheeler) . I am facing some problem can anyone guide me.
    Plz mail me your thoughts
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • naveen ap
    naveen ap

mr mahendra u will be completed this project or not

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

plz suggest some main project topics that can be succesfully done in instrumentation engineering. i am a final year student
I want to know, what are the prospects of nanotechnology in india ?
Theory is important and forms the base for the practicals - that's what we've been told since long. But from my experience, no one really likes to attend theory lectures....
Hello All! I am new to this forum and i am in the need of my final year project.. I need coded project urgently😔 I've little knowledge of ASP.net and...
What is meant by the term 'detonation' in the context of mechanical engineering? Can someone explain this term, its use as to where, why and how? Please reply.