can we use frequency above or less than 50hz for machines

i have a doubt that can we use frequency more than or less than 50hz for our electrical machines

Replies

• lal
    lal
    Any machine is designed to run on a particular frequency, current and voltage. Any variation in these parameters may not provide the desired output. Although current and voltage will not be sharp values, but a range. So it is better to operate the machine at right frequency itself.
  • kaniranjith
    kaniranjith
    thk u ...😁
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    The normal 50Hz convention we use is a compromise between the needs of lighting and of electromechanical applications.Let me make it straight. Using low frequencies(15-25Hz) in motors can give the best efficiency. That's because the electrical humming is reduced(Please view a detailed explanation in Wikipedia, search for AC machines, electric hum, and related topics). But if we use the same low frequency for lighting applications, we can get flickering(poor) light. For light, we have to use high frequency for good quality light. So, a compromise is done by bringing the frequency to a value of 50Hz(in India). All the machines are designed accordingly(so as to give maximum efficiency at 50Hz). I believe this answer sheds in more light. I will be happy if this answer has come to use for you.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Now we can scan mobiles for the viruses from the PC Anti-virus software.PC2MobileScan is a new technology from Quick Heal to scan for the viruses from the PC and without...
What do you think constructor can return a value i.e "0(void)" or constructor can never return return a value???
😕wat is the procedure of scholarship via GRE score?n wat is the process to choose an appropriate university?
Press Release: - Sequoia Capital India, today announced that it has invested INR 60 crore in Quick Heal Technologies, India’s leading provider of computer security software products. This investment will...
What is the concept of green building?