Can we type symbol, eqution, etc in forum??

hi CEans
My question is already explained in title.
Before some time i was posting in tutorial thread. At there i want to post some equation in numarator & denominator format but i don't know how to post it.
Again i also want to post some Greek & Latin symbol such as sigma, gyama, etc.
please help...

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, right now that functionality is not available. We support subscripts and superscripts but not all the mathematical symbols. However, we're planning to provide this facility. It's possible through few plugins, but there were issues with those plugins working on our systems.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The same question was once asked by God father and Biggie replied yes. However we have some complex codes which are perhaps not supported. I think Biggie is upgrading the same.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ishutopre
    The same question was once asked by God father and Biggie replied yes. However we have some complex codes which are perhaps not supported. I think Biggie is upgrading the same.
    The facility requires adding a special plugin. The plugin adds special BB codes which are incredibly hard to remember and type. I'm trying to figure out whether there's a way to simply it. I don't see many users needing this feature. But I agree that it would be very useful to those who need it.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Sure. It would be a plus point in posts which require a solution with equation.
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    So what is the answer?? can we do it in future?
    Again can we type in Microsoft office world and then just copy pest that material in forum? I think we should match the scripts such that we can do this. Because it we are most familiar with Microsoft world 2010.
    what you say?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    No, ms word won't help. Trust Biggie. He will try out something. The site will need a small up gradation I think. We will definitely have it. πŸ˜€
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Guys, there's already Unicode support right? You can use them to type special characters...
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    ishutopre
    No, ms word won't help. Trust Biggie. He will try out something. The site will need a small up gradation I think. We will definitely have it. πŸ˜€
    I am not talking about to use ms word. If we copy text from world & pest in forum the change in font is occur. So i am asking that how can i avoid it?
    We have Big trust on Big!!! i am just asking for help.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    praveenscience
    Guys, there's already Unicode support right? You can use them to type special characters...
    Well we are not talking about special characters we are talking about squares, Numerator and denominator stuff etc. πŸ˜€

gg_gaurav
    I am not talking about to use ms word. If we copy text from world & pest in forum the change in font is occur. So i am asking that how can i avoid it?
    We have Big trust on Big!!! i am just asking for help.
    Well that is what I said, we cannot can type equations in ms word however when you will post it on CE, it won't work. πŸ˜€ Try it out on your own, that way you will get my meaning. πŸ˜€

Well let us try for today's upgradation and give Biggie some good suggestion, so that he can make it happen. πŸ˜€
    Guys, this is not a Rich Text Editor... If Biggie puts RTE here, the there will be security vulnerabilities and layout issues... Am I right biggie?
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    praveenscience
    Guys, this is not a Rich Text Editor... If Biggie puts RTE here, the there will be security vulnerabilities and layout issues... Am I right biggie?
    I don't have any knowledge about this codeing...😐
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    You can enter formulae and more rich text via image sharing.Its not a text editor's feature but you still get the desired resultπŸ˜€

Eg::

[​IMG]
    Yeah, that's a good attempt... 😁 Wow! The tab key is working!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

friends, I am always confused when someone mentions anything about Android. I want to what is it exactly. I have seen some beautiful looking (big screen) cell phones, does Android...
CEans, This thread is dedicated to the mock aptitude test conducted on July 24, 5-6PM (IST). Share your experiences, discuss questions etc. in this thread πŸ˜€. Hoping to hear from...
THE TESTS ROCKED Here is how we can make it rock further. πŸ˜€ Corrections to be made. 1. Looking at the greater response for tests, we will need a system...
1. If the angles of a quadrilateral form an arithmetic progression and the third angle measures three times the first, then the smallest angle is: 90 degrees 72 degrees 54...
hello friends, i am a final year ece student. i am planning to take femtocells as my seminar topic. any comments?????i mean is it a tough topic??please reply