Can we have a list of all the programs to code ?

I was wondering if we could have a list of all the programs available today.

I mean like, from when we were young and new till what we are now, we must have coded a lot of different programs. Why not make a list of it. It need not be dependent on a particular language, just name the program. It can be either implemented or not implemented.

We are basically from different parts of the world and may have coded different programs to get to where we are. I just want to compile a list of all the programs out there that one can code.

Then later, perhaps we can rate it according to its difficulty and on the language it can be implemented in.

It will be useful for someone, be it for someone like me in a slump right now or for some one who wants to code.

I tried to search it on Google and in here but didn't find it.

Thanks.

Replies

• Leo
    Leo
    Creating list of all programs available today is not difficult task but is very time consuming, try it doing by yourself. You can get source code for nearly every software, every version for software which is today or once a Open Source others that were paid, free or beta versions only will never provide their source codes because of software propetiery. If you want source code of Open Source Softwares try searching #-Link-Snipped-#
    Happy Computing.
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Hey do you want to write all the program developed till now.
    how can you limit the programmers thinking property it a vary difficult work almost impossible.
  • Srikz
    Srikz
    I didn't actually mean that its just going to be one list till now. I mean whenever someone gets a new idea, post it up & update it.
    All i meant was to keep track of a list of all the programs.
    I mean we have a list of most of the things in today's world. So, why not keep a list of all the programs that all the people around the world come up with ? (Either existing or new)

I mean it'll be helpful for someone ! Be it for a hobbyist or someone who just wants to code. Its more useful and handy for people looking for new programs to code when its all out in one place.

And i did not actually mean i need the source code, the name and a bit of description is more than sufficient.

To me, i just am in a slump right now. I've been procrastinating a lot of better things and when i DO sit down to code something i lose my mind and focus. So i'm just looking forward to pick myself with a few programs that i haven't already coded. I'm wasting my time and can't find better things to do and honestly, i don't know what to do.

So, i just thought why not keep a track of it and let it be a help for someone who... say, finds it helpful ?
  • bill190
    bill190
    Here are #-Link-Snipped-#.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what is kernel? how it is interact with hardware? please give me reply with example ................................
Hi all! 😀 Name: Abhi student B Tech 2nd year(India) Hobbies: Chess, psychological astrology, reading novels
Hi all! I am in B tech 1st year(college life just started 😉 ) From now I have make up mind for CAT. But I always wanted to enter IIT....
can some body post the details about the hcl hiring process for releasing offer letter/?
What is displacement current and conduction current and how they are produced ? Does change in magnetic field produces current ? what is the name of current produced by magnetic...