Can we build a supercomputer with all the computer in a lab?

I'm not a computer science engineer, so pardon my ignorance - whatever.

When I was in college, I used to think we could build a supercomputer by connecting all the PCs in computer lab in some special way. Now this might sound bit stupid - but not to me.

Can anyone tell me how this is possible [or not]?

Replies

• Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    I know this is not the answer but the article is very nice and related to post
    How To Build A Super Computer - Feature Story Section - Bulldog News
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    hey biggie
    I don't understand what you want to perform ...are you thinking about performing many operation on many computers getting controlled by single computer???.......right??
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    I've always wondered the same thing. Maybe the links below will help:

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Yes, it can be done, get a cluster management software & connect PCs to your network.
  • safwan
    safwan
    @ maddy nice links.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

< Links edited >
hi,everyone, I am using the IMU 5DOF from sparkfun to design my balancing robot, connected it to the PIC18f4550. before i open this new topic,i have search and read trough...
Hi people, I have just finished my engineering and my dream was to begin a .com once i cleared and I have been able to do so now ... The...
Hi I want to open an Embedded systems Club in my college. But, I am confused as to how to go about the course of study.Ideas are welcome. Please Help....
I am an undergrauate student of Electronics engineering.i want to know the importance of learning Visual Basics 6. will VB6 help me later in my life,or is there any other...