Can we assemble a laptop ?

Assembled PCs are popular.
Can we assemble a laptop with our own configuration ?

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    You can certainly scavenge parts from different laptops, but it is unlikely they will always fit because laptop cases are not standardized like desktops are. Motherboard manufacturers and OEM component manufacturers for desktops follow sizes such as ATX to allow component compatibility with each other. That is why it is easy to assemble a computer.

VIA had proposed a standard laptop specification here: Via Openbook

But unless this is followed by laptop manufacturers and OEMs, it will be very difficult to assemble your own laptop. Laptop motherboards and some components are usually custom made for laptop manufacturers, so at most you can change components between similar laptop models.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    yeah you can have a assembled laptop
    as my friend recently assemble a laptop for himself ..but he assemble it from hcl agency
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Is assembling a laptop recommended ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

8 October 2009 – VEGA Consulting Services Ltd (VEGA), a Finmeccanica company, is proposing the adoption of a UK Information Sharing Strategy, as part of its sponsorship of the RUSI/Intellect...
plz suggest me some best sites for collecting this info
As topic, guys do u have any website that has engineering textbooks to download ?
Here is what happens when a geek becomes a father!! This is cute!! Use an Old Linux Computer to Put your Baby to Sleep
hi hey please can anybody help me by providing ideas on how to make a hand launched aircraft, it should be able to carry fixed amount of weight and should...