Can we apply to M.Tech without B.Tech degree?

A student just pinged me on Gmail asking if there is a procedure to apply to M.Tech without a B.Tech degree. I told her that I am not sure at the moment. Anyone here knows a workaround? Are there any M.Tech colleges that do not need B.Tech to apply for the course?

I checked the eligibility criteria for GATE and it says, you need to have one of the following:
1. Bachelor degree in Technology/Engineering/Architecture or
2. Master of Computer Applications degree or
3. Master degree in Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computers

So, I guess if you've done B.Sc, you need to do MSc before doing M.Tech. Is that correct?

Replies

• Ankit Pandey
    Ankit Pandey
    Exactly ! BTech is not necessary, Info given above is totally correct. One has to do either of the following:

2. Master of Computer Applications degree or
    3. Master degree in Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computers

As far I know, someone can get admission in MTech CSE or IT only with above qualification.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If looking for job in testing outside India, how to apply ? Any suggestions on any consultancy?
I I found these two diagrams Now my doubt is that in the first NMOS diagram the p-substrate is directly taken as base but in the second CMOS diagram p+...
Yesterday, in a press conference held in New Delhi, US Technology forerunner InFocus set a very strong foot in the Indian technology market by launching four new smartphones, three LED...
Hello all.. Asking all you guys, is any low cost technology available to control the TDS of irrigation water ? Farmers going through many hurdles. One of then is salty...
Zentron labs is coming to our campus as 0 day company. but nothing much have been mentioned about the company like the pay structure and details about the test. Can...