CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Ankita Katdare • 29 Jul, 2015 • 1 like
A student just pinged me on Gmail asking if there is a procedure to apply to M.Tech without a B.Tech degree. I told her that I am not sure at the moment. Anyone here knows a workaround? Are there any M.Tech colleges that do not need B.Tech to apply for the course?

I checked the eligibility criteria for GATE and it says, you need to have one of the following:
1. Bachelor degree in Technology/Engineering/Architecture or
2. Master of Computer Applications degree or
3. Master degree in Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computers

So, I guess if you've done B.Sc, you need to do MSc before doing M.Tech. Is that correct?
@Ankit Pandey • 29 Jul, 2015 Exactly ! BTech is not necessary, Info given above is totally correct. One has to do either of the following:

2. Master of Computer Applications degree or
3. Master degree in Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computers

As far I know, someone can get admission in MTech CSE or IT only with above qualification.
3.8k views

Related Posts

@Saijayadeep · Jul 9, 2013

In short time and with great determination, can we increase our aptitude skills? If so..,suggest some measures? It would be better if the suggestion is very clear not just stating...
12.5k views

@Ankita Katdare · Oct 30, 2015

Swipe Telecom has been steadily capturing the Indian market share and its latest smartphone is called the 'Swipe Elite 2' - a super affordable 4G smartphone with the power of...
4.5k views

@hetangbkd · Jan 17, 2009

I would like to know that which is anti-corrosive element in mild steel. What i can do to prevent mild steel from rust (corrosion) in mainly monsoon season ?
5.3k views

@Ankita Katdare · Aug 24, 2014

Priced identically to the recently introduced Xiaomi Redmi 1S smartphone, the folks at ASUS have started taking pre-orders for the Asus Zenfone 4 (A450CG model) via Flipkart. The Asus Zenfone...
5.8k views

@pradeep.pawar · Apr 12, 2012

We are having 250 GB Iomega external HDD which has an encryption utility which works only in windows and doesn't works in ubuntu or mac so we want to remove...
9.1k views