Can the output of rand() function be predicted? If yes, how?

To begin with, we ought to know what Rand() function does. The function is used to generate a pseudo-random integral number in the range between 0 and RAND_MAX. So, basically it has been used for ages to generate random numbers in algorithms worldwide. Take rand() function in C or PHP, I have read that the output of rand() function is predictable as it is a PRNG.

But, is there really a way of predicting the output of rand()?
Is it possible through a few thousand guesses? Please share your answers in replies.

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Cracking Rand() should be possible, however I would say that it would be as good as doing a hacking tutorial.

Search 'cracking, breaking, or attacking' for RNG (Random Number Generators).
    Searching any of those terms along with RNG should turn up a lot of results. You can try out the following link: #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Do you think the governments all around the world should make it compulsory for all the automobile makers to install a black box like those in aeroplanes. I believe it'd...
Please refer the below link for the latest job openings in Mumbai & Hyderabad. https://sites.google.com/site/xyntechrecruitment/
ISRO is all set for the GSLV-D5 / GSAT-14 satellite launch. After two successive failures, success of this mission is very critical for ISRO's engineers. All eyes are set on...
I upgraded the Ram memory to 2 gb to 4 gb in my dell vostro 1015. however, its not showing 4 gb still its showing 2gb in system properties. Actually...
Curious to know how many of our CEans have officially became the members of a political party. You may belong to any country; I'm curious to know which party have...