Can Tesla Could Build $25,000 EV in Three Years as claimed by Musk?

In a new video interview posted on YouTube late last week, Tesla, Inc. CEO Elon Musk says that a $25,000 electric car similar to the Model 3 is a distinct possibility, given the proper technology and scale.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Talking Tech with Elon Musk! - YouTube

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Tesla's problem is not the technology. Because I'm sure the talented engineers they have; producing a cheaper EV is not the main question. 

Tesla's major problem is finance; and the uncontrollable cash burn. The other day, I was reading an article that said Tesla is likely to run out of cash by the end of this year; unless they magically ramp up the production of ths S3. 

Only if they survive and raise more cash - they'll have the runway to keep producing more cars. They've already promised the EV trucks and super sports car - and promised to deliver it in the next 2 years. 

Let's see where it goes. 

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

I agree. I too saw a similar analysis from somewhere else.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

From Design News:The little robot on my desk knows my name and recognizes my face. He tells me when he needs maintenance. He has three cubes that he loves to...
Want to know in detail that which is good and how.
I would like to ask You a question about difference in results between Euler-Bernoulli method of analysis of stress in short slender beam and 3D FEA method mentioned in ansys...
I am a chimney sweep and I was contacted by a Hotel that had a laundry chute issue. They needed me to remove laundry and discover the problem. I removed...