Can someone explain Raspberry Pi3?

can anybody explain about the concept of raspberry pi3

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Check out this detailed explanation: Introducing The Raspberry Pi 3 | Hackaday and this video -

Also, if you could tell us what exact information you are looking for, our fellow engineers will be able to help you. You need to search the Internet for information.
  • SREENIDHI THACHOLI
    SREENIDHI THACHOLI
    Thank you so much sir.Infact Iam in search for a good topic for the tech fest .the focus theme is energy technologies.one of my professor suggested the topic raspberry pi3.As a student just completed first year btech in ece Iam not sure whether the topic is optable for me and I have little knowledge on programming
  • Stephen B Johnson
    Stephen B Johnson
    The Raspberry Pi or the Beaglebone Black are awesome little devices. A decent performing ARM processor, lots of GPIO, and can easily utilize a linux distro like ubuntu.

I picked up a Beaglebone Black for $60US.
  • SREENIDHI THACHOLI
    SREENIDHI THACHOLI
    Thank you sir.but what is it's merit at the present scenario compared to normal computers.also what's the significance of the name?
  • lal
    lal
    Those are like your cellphone. But quite a lot tweakable than that. The processing power is comparable to your cellphone, but the direct access to hardware and tweakability is what makes it a DIYer's love. You can program the General Purpose Input Output (GPIO) pins to trigger or read data the way you like to.

The best part is having the ability to run full fledged (well, the arm counterpart) Linux distros with ease on these tiny credit card sized computers. You cannot expect a lot of processing power from those SBCs, but for the electric power they consume and flexibility they offer, these are quite useful. You can run low power servers, use as firewall, make a multimedia entertainment system, use as a file hosting platform, bridge networks, compile codes, play with them, make robots, boast that your computer is just as big as a credit card and so on ๐Ÿ˜
  • SREENIDHI THACHOLI
    SREENIDHI THACHOLI
    Thank you sir.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    SREENIDHI T
    the focus theme is energy technologies.one of my professor suggested the topic raspberry pi3.As a student just completed first year btech in ece Iam not sure whether the topic is optable for me and I have little knowledge on programming
    A typical use of Raspi 3 is for smart home / building management for sensors and controlling electricity (e.g turn on/off lights). Raspi would be the main controller while you use smaller controllers such as Arduino to do the actual sensor collections and relay controls.

You can get ready made codes easily online, but be prepared to tweak it a little based on your house / building environment.

Finally, don't put too much emphasis on the hardware. Years back, it was "cool" to show off the tiny PC and what it can do. But for your academic sake, focus on what else you can do with the data collected - i.e analytics, predictions, etc.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi I hope you guys can help. I have two parts that should be bolted together with four M6 bolts. The tolerances of the bottom part are quite big and...
Hi iam btech EEE 2013 passout, and currently working as a manual Test engineer since 1 year. coding is very difficult for me so How my Career will be?
After graduating with a degree in Electronics and Communication engineering, Tushar Gagerna worked as a Digital Marketing Associate with MobiKwik. In August 2015, he came up with a startup idea...
Does this field demands strong designing skills,
The technology world admires competition and by some regular form, their updates follow each other to raise the accessibility in turn gaining full user support. Earlier this year, Google Inc....