Can money buy happiness? Yes it can.. [TED Talk]

Depends, where you are spending it.

What you say .. Are you going to try it?πŸ˜€

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Haven't listened to the whole talk; but yes, money can buy happiness in 90% of the cases.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    The_Big_K
    Haven't listened to the whole talk; but yes, money can buy happiness in 90% of the cases.
    Please listen to it, its totally different perspective.πŸ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Will watch the talk today and then put my views here. But I am pretty sure that I will be convinced, in fact I already am. πŸ‘
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Just watched the whole talk. Nodding in agreement to whatever he said.
    Well, the most important takeaway line is -
    People who say money can't buy happiness are not spending it on the right things.
    The more we spend on bettering other lives in whichever way possible, the more happy we are. πŸ˜€

PS: This guy has no relation with the Norton Antivirus company, right?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    AbraKaDabra
    PS: This guy has no relation with the Norton Antivirus company, right?
    😁
  • Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    i think money brings happiness in 95% of the cases.........
    jst understand the logic.........some people spend money for bad things and some others for good things..........whether they are bad or good ultimatley they are done the people for their happiness.........
    bad things by money makes others sad but the doer is happy..........
    so money brings happiness in most of the cases.......
    i think you guys agree with this logic if you understood.......πŸ˜›
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Yes, I agree everyone's right but I see, by missing a word - "Money will bring artificial happiness in 90% of the cases."

To agree my line, please check all things CEans, gadgets aren't real, they are artificial and people aren't artificial. If money make people happy - Is people artificial?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There's no artificial happiness, please. Money helps me buy ticket to the fastest coaster in the world at "Ferrari World" in Dubai - which gives me total happiness.

Money makes me buy comfort of air-travel and allows me to live in a luxury hotel - makes me happy. I mean, I don't think I was artificially happy when I first boarded an airplane πŸ˜€.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    #-Link-Snipped-# Even though I stand with my word 😁 because of a sentence, "When you rely on a substance to make you happy then it's called artificial happiness."

Reference links : #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

Quoting...

Can money buy happiness? No, money is a material asset. In todayΓ’€™s world many of us revolve our lives around money, but does it really make us happy? We are contented when we go out buying, not only essentials, but also the latest cars, fashions, new technology, furniture, going on expensive holidays etc. Having all these congenial material items will make us happy but it is artificial happiness. True happiness lies within our spirit, to be happy not with material items, but with ourselves, our family, and the gifts God has given us. Money does not, will not, and should not ever equal happiness. Happiness should stem from the very simplest things in life: our families, the world around us, even getting mail! Life should be lived passionately; spent living, but not living for money. Be picky close your eyes and point; but make sure your choices make you happy. If you execute what makes you happy, youΓ’€™ll be the richest person in the world.
    However, your case might be in the remaining 10% πŸ˜› because you're getting joy due to your interest on fastest coaster ride and for the luxury of air plane but it's also with the implication of spending money. πŸ˜€

Happy or not - Artificial or true - "It depends upon thinking of different individuals."
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The link that you mentions defines 'artificial happiness as' -

to be in a state of happiness through the consumption of drugs, whether it be alcohol, weed, ecstasy, etc. It is called artificial happiness because you rely on a substance to make you happy, thus making it artificial, since it doesn't come naturally.
    Coffee used to make me happy during my IT employee days β˜•
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    The_Big_K
    Coffee used to make me happy during my IT employee days β˜•
    Hmm, β˜• - It indeed makes me happy too. 😁
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Money can buy happiness to many people. It just depends on one thing , what is that makes you happy?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    My little grand daughter came to visit me from the US. I took her to the Butterfly park adjoining the Bannerughatta National Park in Bangalore.
    The instant we entered she threw out her hands in glee looking up at the fluttering beauties. A big one landed on the tip of her nose. The delight of both of us - boundless.
    Yes, I bought the entry tickets. The happiness of the moment?
    Priceless!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Money keeps us from hunger. It's like a building foundation.
  • poojag
    poojag
    it depends on the person what gives him happiness the material comforts, poking fun at others , showing others down, or just soul satisfaction
  • robo_warrior
    robo_warrior
    You will always experience natural happiness if you will spend the money that u have earned.
    And remember:
    You just don't buy a bournveille you earn it πŸ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Today our CEan-@xheavenlyx aka Varun is celebrating his birthday. Wishing you many many happy returns of the day Varun.
Phone call, SMS and alarm clock are the three most frequent uses of mobile. I was looking for an awesome free alarm clock app for my android phone and discovered...
what are the functions of head regulator ,cross regulator
Learn how to upgrade your Xperia 2011 phone to Android 4.0 in this video from Sony.
I found this new service called AppsBar.com where building Android, iPhone, Windows, Facebook, HTML5, Blackberry apps is quite easy. It involves - 1. Selecting your app type (business, music, events,...