Can laptops work without batteries

hi,

I get a message that keeps on popping asking me to 'reconsider replacing the battery'. This perhaps means that my battery is not able to hold extra charge for it to operate the laptop. But can we still use a laptop without the battery. If yes, then what could be the possible backup that the laptop would provide to me if I operate it in only ac power supply?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    It works perfectly But only thing is that the moment you remove the power plug your laptop turns it self off

I have been using a lap which does not have a battery and it is fine for me. But the portability criteria will be 0 in the case of no batteries
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    just like #-Link-Snipped-# said, that not only laptops, but any electronic device can be designed to work on A.C alone. but they cannot be used anywhere unless you plug it into an A.C outlet.

but the battery is required only for portability.

battery as such is an energy storing device.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    proffy
    . If yes, then what could be the possible backup that
    the laptop would provide to me if I operate it in only ac power supply?
    How could it provide backup without any battery.
    If you don't want to buy new battery, Use your laptop using UPS power. Otherwise there is high chance blowing your motherboard or hardisk or almost any part your laptop.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    ianoop
    How could it provide backup without any battery.
    If you don't want to buy new battery, Use your laptop using UPS power. Otherwise there is high chance blowing your motherboard or hardisk or almost any part your laptop.
    That will happen only if power is cut abruptly right All the features of Lap will work when it is connected to the Mains using power cord is it not
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Just wondering why you're so 'anti-battery' these days? πŸ˜›
  • Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    Yes, the laptop will work without the battery as long as it is always plugged in to the AC Adapter.
    But if you're going to run solely on flowing power, turn the laptop off before you remove the battery (never take out the battery when the laptop is running as it could damage the system).
    Also, dont let anything like dust, water, food, etc. get into where the battery normally is as that can also damage the system.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    [Prototype]
    Just wondering why you're so 'anti-battery' these days? πŸ˜›
    Who told the manufacturers to give such a low profile battery which last only for three years πŸ˜›πŸ˜
  • lal
    lal
    Lets try something new. Buy a solar panel. Many times more than the cost of a regulay laptop battery 😁 Atleast you'll help reduce emission πŸ˜›
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    lal
    Lets try something new. Buy a solar panel. Many times more than the cost of a regulay laptop battery 😁 Atleast you'll help reduce emission πŸ˜›
    Where will I find sun in the ground floor of a multi storey building
  • lal
    lal
    Copper wire is a good conductor of electricity 😁

Or lets think even harder to find a way for wireless transmission of energy!
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    lal

It must be better than that mutual Induction stuff buddy. other wise they will come for patent struggle with us
  • lal
    lal
    Wireless transmission made me remember NiKola Tesla. He had some great plans for wireless transmission of electrical energy which could not be completed due to several 'non technological' reasons.

• vamsi kancharla
    vamsi kancharla
    yes we can use laptops with out battery there will be no problom i myself using with out battery in case of back up we cannot decide a best source but battery is preferable
  • vamsi kancharla
    vamsi kancharla
    lal
    using solar pannel is not good source because we cannot find sun every time and more over we cannot carry those pannels with us every where
  • vamsi kancharla
    vamsi kancharla
    lal

wireless transmission needs lots of research work we need large amount of current to transmit

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Well I never knew this existed till this day and the moment I found it I wanted to share it to CEans Do check the links of how they are...
Use all the basic arithmetic operators to get 24 This is easy But you must use these numbers alone and get it Try to get 24 using 8,3,3 and an...
It’s fun, It’s entertaining, & It’s back!!! That’s right….. ASME GIKI Chapter (Pakistan) is organizing one of the most anticipated events of the year the 2nd International Mechanical Engineering Convention...
Because 'FDI' & 'Globalisation' are my newfound interests - I continue to gather information on how are they 'helping' India. Contrary to what the economist & Prime Minister Manmohan Singh...
Hi Friends, My name is Nitin. I live in Mumbai. I am a student.