Can Innovation Be Crowdsourced?

The trend on the Internet seems to be focused towards crowdsourcing. Do you generally think that innovation can be crowdsourced?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    If the area or need is widespread, it is possible that many people widely distributed geographically may come up with nearly identical solutions. However, even in such cases the 'brain wave' is quite likely a solo effort. It is a different matter that a massive group effort with major mid course corrections may be needed to materialize a working solution.

I for one do not think that innovation can be a group activity. It is a different matter that I also do not believe in the ownership of any innovation. I may be the vehicle used for the purpose.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    When one tutor can teach a mass over the internet; when project can be executed across the globe with the help of internet; when Nasa can have location at different place running the same project then why not any other thing.

Innovation can and is definitely crowd sourced, the only point to think is everyone should get a credit of it, so others will get motivated.

PS: just give an idea of an project; and lets see how our fella CEan's will prove the point.

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

uBuntu 12.04 alpha, also called Precise Pangolin is now available for download. The uBuntu fanatics can header over to https://fridge.ubuntu.com/2011/12/02...tm_campaign=ubuntu-12-04-development-update-6 and check out the development update and download it on...
CEans, as engineers we rely more on numbers and stats than anything else. Before we made a shift to the new system, I said that it's going to be a...
WORKSHOPS!!!! KIRTHI!!!! Krithi Introduction​ "More than anything else the sensation is one of perfect peace mingled with an excitement that strains every nerve to the utmost, if you can conceive...
hey guys, pls help me out if u kno.....hw to find the coefficient of friction for cooling fan blade??? the application of cooling fan is compressors... regards algates.
Hello all First off, I'm afraid I do not have much in the way of electrical engineering knowledge or experience, hence why I am here. I hope you will be...