Can I keep two windows in one system?

Any requirement need for keeping two or more windows in one system.
Any risk in doing this?
Which window is better for running program language like c , c++ , java ....etc

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You can, in fact put any number of Windows in your machine. That said, you can even keep any number of different operating systems as long as your hardware is capable of supporting it. There are various ways - either you could allot separate space for each operating system on your machine or create a virtual machine using VMware and then install any number of operating systems of your choice. I don't see any 'risk' involved in this apart from your system getting loaded. You'll need a powerful processor and at least 8 GB of RAM if you don't want any performance degrade.

I'm not sure what you really mean by 'Which window is better?'. Are you talking about running the compilers or integrated development environments or running the actual programs written in these programming languages. In any case, you'll need to define what parameters you're considering while judging whether a program is running 'better'. I'd appreciate your inputs so that we can discuss this in more detail.
  • Beginner
    Beginner
    I've been warned not to use the internet when I use the VMware workstation. I would like to know the reason.. 😒
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Beginner
    I've been warned not to use the internet when I use the VMware workstation. I would like to know the reason.. 😒
    Could u please tell the source of the warning, cause I had used internet while using VMware as well as inside the virtual machine for almost an year and I never faced any problem, So I think it is as safe as it is on any other computer😁
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    arjun srivastav
    ?
    Which window is better for running program language like c , c++ , java ....etc
    Each OS like mac, XP, W7,W8 Have their own versions of C++ or C or java software packages. Some are cross platform as well so there is no point in us telling which is the best OS. Each has its own upside and downs
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    VMWare and any general virtual machine software will limit the resources on your computer. So running a browser (like Chrome or FF) may not be recommended on the 'host' machine. However, you can load browsers and browse the Internet from the client machine without any problem.

If you load more tabs in Chrome or FF - these browsers tend to occupy lot of memory which may affect other processes running - may lead to continuous use of swap space (HDD will spin continuously), resulting into slower system performance.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    akashram
    Windows xp is better for running program language like c , c++ , java
    That's quite interesting. Could you post the reasons why XP is better for running programming languages like C, C++?

That also makes me wonder how do these program run under UNIX environment.
  • Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    akashram
    Windows xp is better for running program language like c , c++ , java
    windows xp is better to run C and C++ program language ONLY if you are using the old blue screen editors. If you try to be a Little advanced and use MS Visual C++ or DEV C++, which are better than the ancestor blue screens then your statement seems to be wrong regarding programming environments 😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How can you detect a very small crack on/inside the crankshaft.??
I registered on various job sites, submitted my cv and contact details. I am receiving various notifications from different companies but not sure how true these companies are! Also, I...
Hey all, Can anybody point me to the best source of learning about Oracle SQl explain plans online? Thank you
i am desiring to study m.tech in "MULTIMEDIA AND SOUND ENGINEERING". so can any cean's help me in knowing the top colleges and their "GATE"score cutoff's in india?
Windows 8 has finally made its way to the consumers and that has followed the hardware makers to adopt their hardware to Windows 8 awesomeness. Dell has now launched their...