Can I Add Extra RAM In Another RAM Slot Or I Have To Replace Existing RAM ?

i have a pre-installed 1gb ram which i feel it as insufficient, so i have decided to buy a 2gb ram ...is it possible to add a extra ram as i have two slots allocated for it or we can only replace it ? anybody give suggestions !!!

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    You can add extra one & mount it on other slot.

Edit : Moved to proper section.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Abhishek Rawal
    You can add extra one & mount it on other slot.
    In addition:
    You need to check compatibility of your current RAM with new RAM.
    both RAM should have same frequency and with version (DDRx)

See in this image DDR3-1600 (ram version-Frequency in MHz)

[​IMG]

If your older current RAM is DDR2 and less frequency (<1000 Mhz), check if your mother supports better RAM then go for totally new RAM.
  • Brainy
    Brainy
    Also before you buy the ram make sure you check the ram slot on your motherboard to know if it is sd ram, ddr1, 2 or 3. So that will not buy the wrong one.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Frequent flyers know how important it is to have Internet connection on the flight. You can get a lot of things done, work on the presentations or even keep yourself...
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. is all set to launch a new smartphone featuring a curved display screen in the next month. In October 2013, South Korea is going to witness...
iam persuing my engineering degree under vtu(vishveshwarayya technological university). please suggest me the links for video tutorials of analog electronics experiments..!!
Though there's still time for Apple to finally launch its latest iPhone 5S in Indian market, fanboys can own it now for an asking price of Rs 65,000 to Rs...
Someone asked me the above question, i told him that the components above all help in booting order, since i was not all that convince so i desired to put...