Can GRE score be used to get jobs in India?

If in case I have written the exam well and I am not in a position to go to US then will that certificate will be useful in India for applying jobs

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Akhilreddykaipa
    If in case I have written the exam well and I am not in a position to go to US then will that certificate will be useful in India for applying jobs
    I don't think any company will want to recruit a candidate with a good GRE score. The reason is simple - the chances of the candidate quitting a job within a year to opt for PG studies are very high.

I'm yet to know of a company in India that recruits on the basis of GRE score.
  • Akhil reddy Kaipa
    Akhil reddy Kaipa
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I don't think any company will want to recruit a candidate with a good GRE score. The reason is simple - the chances of the candidate quitting a job within a year to opt for PG studies are very high.

I'm yet to know of a company in India that recruits on the basis of GRE score.
    If they recruits us we can give assurance by making an agreement that I will work for your company for years.will that be enough.but my main question is will that GRE mark list will be useful in India or not .Basing on that certificate will they any special preference
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Akhilreddykaipa
    If they recruits us we can give assurance by making an agreement that I will work for your company for years.will that be enough.but my main question is will that GRE mark list will be useful in India or not .Basing on that certificate will they any special preference
    I doubt that will be much of use. GRE is aptitude test, not the technical one like GATE. That means, GRE is not useful to access a person's technical knowledge and hence won't be used to offer technical job. I don't think it'll be of much use other than applying to foreign universities.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I had an interesting request for an embedded system awhile back. The board was to boot fully into vxWorks, then load a couple different other vxWorks images into memory and...
What was the first computer that you ever had or used? I had a TI 99-4A
My new uDrone concept. Virtually undetectable and can deploy in mass quantities.
I know this probably is not the norm, but my last two times interviewing were like this: (1) I received a call just before lunch, they asked me if I...
a factory has a total load of 2000kw at a pf of 0.8 lagging,it is desired to improve pf 0.96 lag with the installation of synchronous condenser,what will be total...