can CE bring about a change on how we think?

In this material world we are definitely in for a race in everything(especially in developing nations like INDIA)..In many universities in southern India We students are more stressed on to get higher grades rather than pondering with knowledge and playing with technology...! The main problem in India("mostly") We have a strong base but many lack applied knowledge(in comparison to other countries.., eventhough we have the best of brains)..! Can this Excellent forum bring about a change on how people perceive knowledge?

Replies

• aarthivg
    aarthivg
    off course, The answer is 'Yes'. We don't have any idea, how to apply out knowledge in a system. CE is best in it and takes us to the right way.😀

My Personal experience, I really don't no "What is a project?". My simple definition(before joining CE) is one of the subject that comes in final year, where I can get full marks. Now it has changed.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    What an interesting title! The headline got me reading. This forum is the best place for the engineering community to interact, but it would do wonders that you suggest only if the members keep contributing to their valuable knowledge and grow.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    vinod1993
    The main problem in India("mostly") We have a strong base but many lack applied knowledge(in comparison to other countries.., eventhough we have the best of brains)..! Can this Excellent forum bring about a change on how people perceive knowledge?
    Nobody prevents a person from trying out technology. There is plenty of science and engineering that can be used in every house. How many of us do it? The problem is with the abysmal depths to which engineering education has fallen in most of the institutions. Barring a few elitist places, many lack even the basic practical lab/workshop facilities. Part of the problem lies with the teachers well. Very few impart basic concepts of thermodynamics, physics or basic engineering.
    Some of the queries here are so basic that one wonders what is going on with the syllabus. I am probably biased and out of touch with current teaching methods. I have my doubts. Some of the teachers that I have met are themselves unsure of many basic concepts.
    Why I am digressing from the main point is that CE cannot be a super university teaching basic engineering. It is an excellent interactive (occasionally very vociferous) multidisciplinary forum for free thought. No holds barred including perpetual motion (which I personally will be happy to debunk).
    Certainly CE will make one ponder and hence contribute to the general good.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Have you ever wondered why Warren Buffet is still making so many bucks and spending none of them. That's because money making is his passion. I think one should develop...
hey guys, i need some comments on doing MS in UKRAINE....
London Olympics 2012! London Olympics are planned to take place between 27 July 2012 and 12 August 2012. Grand Opening Ceremony is scheduled for 27th July, In this thread we...
I hope most of you know about the gyroscopic effect: If a rotor rotates about any of the co-ordinate axis,(say x-axis) and if a torque is applied on it along...
Olympics are round the corner and from today (July 25), two football teams (Great Britain and New Zealand) are going to lock their horns to start the competition two days...