Can anyone explain what is crystal report and Why crystal report is used?

Hello Everyone,
Can anyone explain me that what is crystal report, why it is used and where can i find crystal report viewer i see in my toolbox there is no crystal report viewer. i am using visual studio 2008 with MS SQL server 2005.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    It's a report generation program which allows programmer to create reports from data sources with very less written code.

For more detail
    #-Link-Snipped-#

and #-Link-Snipped-#
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    You can also refer SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services). as an alternative.
  • Umesh Kumar Rai
    Umesh Kumar Rai
    Crystal Report is a reporting tool which can be used to generate reports using various data sources. Here very less programming skill is required though you must have knowledge of database which is used to pull the data and manipulate it according to the requirement. Similar reporting tool Microsoft SQL Reporting Services, Business Objects, etc.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Crystal Reports is a business intelligence application used to design and generate reports from a wide range of data sources. It came integrated with Visual Studio versions prior to 2010. For Visual Studio 2010, it is still available as add-on software. ๐Ÿ‘

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i want various subject wise questions to prepare 4 gate
If you're looking for a good looking web based email client, Aol's got Alto Mail for you. The service works with leading email services like Gmail and Yahoo mail. The...
I want to know how the big Internet companies like Facebook and Google store the zigabytes of data generated every day. What mechanisms do they use?
sir I want to know introduction of PMC ( programmable motion control )
apprenticeship training for electronics and communication engineering