Can anyone explain me the physical meaning of convolution.

we know that when two signals are convulated eg f(t)*g(t),we get the output as F(W).G(W) i.e multiplication in frequency domain but how it is implemented by the modulators i can not understand....please help

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Actually speaking
    Convolution is one way of predicting the response of a LTI system When it's impulse response is known to us

In other words If you know the impulse response of any Linear Time Invariant System h(t), Then you can easily find out what will be the output of the system with input f(t).

Lets take a modulator having input f(t)

Here the impulse response of the modulator will be h(t) and so the output of the modulator for the input f(t) will be given by the convolution of both the signals

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Yeah you are correct.Armadillo is a word that describes "little Armoured one".I saw that small adorable car in the newspaper and I am her to share it with you."Armadillo-T" electric...
Hello everyone.. I have completed my B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering this year with 80%. I want to do my masters purely in Automobile engineering. I have decided to go abroad...
I am looking for a temperature sensor for Arduino which can handle good amount of high temperature upto 270 degree celcius. Suggestions please.
pls give ur ideas...... can we work the piston of engine using the principle of magnetic levitation.i.e.using the picton that made of superconducting material and giving magnetic force on the...
what is the burning capacity of plastics??? and what are the toxics that releases while burning plastics????????