Can an galaxy y or any other smartphone be used as a wifi receiver

I have an galaxy y along with laptop without wifi.Can I use the phone as a wifi receiver?
I have tried connectify.But it can only reverse tether the wifi signal from lap to phone(tried with laptop with Wifi).
Please help me to use my college campus wifi.
note:I can browse through mobile but cant download.Why?

If I had an desktop with a smartphone with wifi.Can I use it as wifi receiver?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    You wanna use college wifi in your laptop (which doesn't have wifi) ?
    Solution : Buy a USB Wifi dongle, and enjoy surfing.

CSK AUTO
    If I had an desktop with a smartphone with wifi.Can I use it as wifi receiver?
    USB Wifi dongles are available for the device which doesn't have wifi receiver (eg : very early age laptops & desktop). You don't need Android for that.
  • Apurwa.Thakur
    Apurwa.Thakur
    CSK AUTO
    I have tried connectify.But it can only reverse tether the wifi signal from lap to
    May be because you uncheck the box of option 3G,Mobile connectivity
    Hre i mentioned in steps-.

1.Download tether
    2.go to setting>wireless network>uncheck box says (mobile network,mobile data,3g or something along this line)>check the box saying wi-fi and connect to desire network
    3.Now download and install the driver(window XP) you need for tether or work with you computer
    4.Now connect phone to computer by USB and enable tether
    try again and again till connectivity.it is time taking.

Alternate-
    Instead of doing this you can install wi-fi card in your laptop.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm a game freak.Are you? Ok lets start the discussion.Name the best game in every genre you have played. Starting with mine, Race-Need for speed most wanted old version(its graphic...
hi frnds, following is my rank :- plz help me in selecting center for DESD course ... is there any chance of getting DESD course in CDAC pune or CDAC...
hello guys, this is the first participate for me, and I information about this topic Design of High Density, Low Cost & Efficient Universal Driver for Low, Medium & High...
We'll be using cross-platform application, STEG to do this.It use steganography and cryptography techniques to hide information inside uncompressed and compressed images. JPEG (JPG), TIFF, PNG, BMP image formats are...
Remember how each one of us sucked at spellings until the ego & dignity saving spell checks made it to the word processing software on computers? Well, did we not...