Can a learner learn python?

I am a student studying b.tech computer science 2nd year 2nd sem. i heard about the languages python and corba. Am i capable of learning those languages. If so please suggest me some mateerial and the required software.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    avinash538
    I am a student studying b.tech computer science 2nd year 2nd sem. i heard about the languages python and corba. Am i capable of learning those languages. If so please suggest me some mateerial and the required software.
    ...and what makes you think you can't learn the language. Why don't you, just do it?

😀

Head over to: Welcome to Python.org for all the information and reference material you need.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Ya...sure there is nothing u cant learn.....every language needs logic and for logic u need your mind....not previous knowledge of other languages.
  • jd3cker
    jd3cker
    As they said, of course you can. Everyone starts somewhere. Python is a web scripting language. Google uses python heavily. Check out this resource, Google Code , and the python site at python.org.

Corba on the other hand is not exactly a programming language, it is a standard. To understand the standard you should have some programming experience. I wouldn't really be overly concerned with this right now, depending on where you are. If you want to start somewhere, utilize those links and write some basic python scripts or programs. Hope that helps.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    To the best of my knowledge, Google web crawlers (spiders) are also written in Python. 😀
  • rigby
    rigby
    Python is actually a great language to start with. It's incredibly clean and has an active community. Python was what my CS 1 and 2 classes were taught with in my . As for Python tutorials, check out python.org
  • komputergeek
    komputergeek
    I believe python is the easiest language to learn.Writing python scripts is like writing pseudo code.Refer a book named 'Byte of Python'.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi friends, As i want to learn Visual basic .Net i downloaded "how do i..." videos from msdn site ,now the file downloaded is in .wmv format but i am...
I have applied in job sites like naukri,monster,shine,freshersworld,as well as applied directly in some sites like(tcs, infosys,ibm,microsoft, otherbig companies as well some of small companies). job sites like naurki only...
most of the member here are employed, and someother member may be HR, someother may be entrepreneur, you must have some interview experience, post it here ,,, Let our juniors...
Can I use Visual Studio (or any other IDE) to compile programs on a netbook? Will it be very slow to write and compile programs on it? Is buying a...
Vista Start Menu File Size: 2378 Vista Start Menu--which actually works with both Vista and XP--puts all of your programs and important folders within easy reach, so that you can...