can a generator work as inverter??

is it possible to make such type of generator.?

Replies

• baja
    baja
    inverter is a circuit. while generator is a mechanical machine. Both AC generator and inverter can be able to supply power to house in case of power failure.
  • georgeryder9
    georgeryder9
    Generator and Inverter have different purpose. Generators are used for generating power/ often used as power backup. Inverter are used to transform AC to DC. Generally generators cannot be converted in inverter. They have different circuits and components. But ofcourse if one wants any circuit of any device can be converted into inverter, by adding/ replacing old components with components that an inverter needs. This is like building a new inverter and costly, if you understand what I mean.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

am a 4th year student working on a project about how to operate a pump motor using a mobile phone.can u help me with how to go about its circuit...
hai guys, i m a modifying my royal enfield,and i want to know if i can change my carbuerator to any type of fuel injector or something to make the...
Name: Paul (aka Orange) *Engineering Trade: Computing Location: London *Occupation: Self employed Work Experience: Too many years in too many industries *Hobbies & Interests: Trance + football *Aim in life:...
...experts. We have a problem, we are not image people, but we wanted to know if the following was technically possible. We have 6 images 1....6, and a seventh called...
I am the student of final yr egg. student & want to implement my final project on Automatic plant Irrigation . please help me