Can a folder shut down our computer on clicking that folder?

then how a folder can create which shut down pc?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I don't see any other use of this than for pranks. You can create a short-cut to shut-down your computer though. Simply right-click on your Windows Desktop and then type the location of the short-cut as: shutdown -l -tp 30 -c "Windows is shutting down."

I think it should work on Windows 98 to Windows 7; and I have not tested it myself. The command has been taken from: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • sr patil
    sr patil
    but sir can we create such a folder. If some one click on folder then pc will be shut down .. it is just for learning purpose.. can you tell me about .bat file..
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    You can change the icon by right-clicking on the shortcut (as described above) and go to Properties> Customize (Tab) and click on "change icon" to make the changes.
    But beware, this prank should only be carried out as party trick and never ever on someone who is busy working on his/her PC as they might lose their unsaved work due to the force shutdown.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

You can test your's https://10fastfingers.com/typing-test/english Please post results here and see who is fastest among us?
Well, once a man gets married, lots of things change. Mad wild nights out with friends will change to watching Newhour with Arnab Goswami (although the latter is arguably wilder)....
Previously, I have done some experiments with the ADSL splitter. I have been going ahead with more experiments, now I would like to post all of them here, including the...
If the "100 pico-Kelvin" does not give you an idea - it's just 10 billionth of a degree above absolute zero; −273.15°C on Celsius scale. The theory says that at...
how to learn gui with plc and with which software it is easy to learn for a beginner