Can a Btech CSE batch 2015 student get a job in year 2016?

I'm batch 2015 Btech CSE student and graduated in Aug 2015 . I was not able to get good job/internship after aug 2015 till now , as year 2016 has started i want to know if companies(mostly startups or small IT companies not MNC's) will consider me bad for a job just because I'm from batch 2015 ?

I've quite basic skills in web development(HTM,css,javascript,jquery and bootstrap) and have quite good knowledge of ecommerce shopping sites (mainly which are good/bad , finding best deals and discounts) and have good sense of knowledge of how should you present your site to the customers , what customers want etc.

Replies

• coolsharma.r
    coolsharma.r
    Anyone ?

BUMP !
  • coolsharma.r
    coolsharma.r
    2nd BUMP !
  • Web_DEV_Vishwas
    Web_DEV_Vishwas
    coolsharma.r
    I'm batch 2015 Btech CSE student and graduated in Aug 2015 . I was not able to get good job/internship after aug 2015 till now , as year 2016 has started i want to know if companies(mostly startups or small IT companies not MNC's) will consider me bad for a job just because I'm from batch 2015 ?

I've quite basic skills in web development(HTM,css,javascript,jquery and bootstrap) and have quite good knowledge of ecommerce shopping sites (mainly which are good/bad , finding best deals and discounts) and have good sense of knowledge of how should you present your site to the customers , what customers want etc.
    There is no issues with being 2015 batch passout. Even 2014 batch people are eligible to many companies. Just bring skills and try to gain some experience from freelance. Better go for training/coaching centres that provides training and placement. Take elitmus and amcat test, You will get job soon. All the best.
  • coolsharma.r
    coolsharma.r
    Web_DEV_Vishwas
    There is no issues with being 2015 batch passout. Even 2014 batch people are eligible to many companies. Just bring skills and try to gain some experience from freelance. Better go for training/coaching centres that provides training and placement. Take elitmus and amcat test, You will get job soon. All the best.
    So it'll not create a problem ?
    Even though if they ask what did you do earlier then i can say family business .
    So all these companies do care only if you can work or not with required skills and experience right?

So i don't have to rush and don't need to make a wrong decision ?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Most of the freshers are eligible upto 2 years for walking drive. Depends on company.
    Now, think if you are interviewer.
    You: So, you passed a year before but didn't have any experience! Why?
    Guy: I was doing family business as priority and so now I am looking for job.
    Do you really believe this guy?

For this kind of question put yourself in place of interviewer and you what thing makes you select or reject a candidate.

I suggest to do some certification, training courses which you can showcase that even if you didn't get the job you didn't sit ideal and learning the things you wanted to work. You can also showcase some small project you did during this duration. If you don't have above things better working on these.
  • coolsharma.r
    coolsharma.r
    Anoop Kumar
    Most of the freshers are eligible upto 2 years for walking drive. Depends on company.
    Now, think if you are interviewer.
    You: So, you passed a year before but didn't have any experience! Why?
    Guy: I was doing family business as priority and so now I am looking for job.
    Do you really believe this guy?

For this kind of question put yourself in place of interviewer and you what thing makes you select or reject a candidate.

I suggest to do some certification, training courses which you can showcase that even if you didn't get the job you didn't sit ideal and learning the things you wanted to work. You can also showcase some small project you did during this duration. If you don't have above things better working on these.
    Well my family business is a true thing I've said , my father do need me but i insist to do job for experience to be an entrepreneur and later on support family business cause if i only give family business priority right awat then it'll become difficult afterwards 2-3 years to get an Job in IT industry.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    #-Link-Snipped-# , See I am not saying you are lying. You need to convince this to interviewer in a minute.
    coolsharma.r
    it'll become difficult afterwards 2-3 years to get an Job in IT industry.
    Yes, It will be. Also, in general interviewer kind of don't like long gap.
    If you really want to have only IT career you have to have very strong knowledge to surpass other candidates.
  • coolsharma.r
    coolsharma.r
    Anoop Kumar
    #-Link-Snipped-# , See I am not saying you are lying. You need to convince this to interviewer in a minute.

Yes, It will be. Also, in general interviewer kind of don't like long gap.
    If you really want to have only IT career you have to have very strong knowledge to surpass other candidates.
    I know all this , it's just all i want to know if its normal or not to get job/internship after 5-7 months of graduation , that's it.
    I want to explore jobs and will aee what i want to do after that my whole life. Its just i want to do job for experience and knowledge.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    One year of gap is not much. You can convince interviewer by getting more knowledge than a fresher and giving your current situation.
  • coolsharma.r
    coolsharma.r
    Thanks
    Anoop Kumar
    One year of gap is not much. You can convince interviewer by getting more knowledge than a fresher and giving your current situation.
    Thank you for your insights , hope to get job/internship in these 1-2 months 😀
  • Web_DEV_Vishwas
    Web_DEV_Vishwas
    coolsharma.r
    So it'll not create a problem ?
    Even though if they ask what did you do earlier then i can say family business .
    So all these companies do care only if you can work or not with required skills and experience right?

So i don't have to rush and don't need to make a wrong decision ?
    No problem at all. Just do some training course and you can start working on a freelance basis. There are several sites that provides freelance jobs like freelancer.com , upwork.com , truelancer.com . Join these sites and try to get your first breakthrough. Getting first project is difficult but after that you can start earning experience and money both.
  • coolsharma.r
    coolsharma.r
    Web_DEV_Vishwas
    No prob all. Just do some training course and you can start working on a freelance basis. There are several sites that provides freelance jobs like freelancer.com , upwork.com , truelancer.com . Join these sites and try to get your first breakthrough. Getting first project is difficult but after that you can start earning experience and money both.
    I hope it'll also allow me to get jobs also ?
    Anyway what should i need to prepare to become an freelance web developer apart from knowledge and skills considering I'm newbie to freelance work.
  • Web_DEV_Vishwas
    Web_DEV_Vishwas
    coolsharma.r
    I hope it'll also allow me to get jobs also ?
    Anyway what should i need to prepare to become an freelance web developer apart from knowledge and skills considering I'm newbie to freelance work.
    Apart from skills and knowledge. only patience is required as there is hell lot of competition in terms on mentioned freelancing websites in terms of bidding and reliability.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A Bengaluru based startup company Helpchat has released a new feature to its Android and iOS apps that lets users receive alerts about pollution levels in an area in their...
As per the official declaration and notice from UPSC, IES ESE (Engineering Services Examination) 2017 is getting a new pattern and syllabus is being changed a bit. Please note that...
Our thread - Companies recruiting with eligibility criteria less than 60% | CrazyEngineers has received a tremendous response with engineering from all over the country pouring in questions and answers....
The International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) has finalized four positions for recently discovered super heavy elements. These elements have atomic numbers 113,115,117 and 118, and will be...
Instagram has come up with a cool new 'Peek' feature for the android platform incorporated in the latest 7.14.0 version of the Instagram Android app. After momentarily introducing this feature...