Campus Recruitment: Good Academic Records Are Must - What Else?

apart from good academic background ,what else does a company needs from a student??? like finishing certificate courses,internship,paper presentations,etc...if so please list them so that i can do everything as i can...

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Apart from good academic background, a company looks for actual talent i.e. you should be really skillful in at least one area of your technical interest. Certificates matter when you have to provide documentation for what you have listed in your Resume.
    Paper presentations add value if you have done some kind of research.
    Internship experience is the best because it speaks out aloud about your practical knowledge. ☕
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm fairly experienced in recruiting candidates and conducting campus recruitment drives for the corporations I worked for in the early days of my career and I know exactly what these companies look for.

From a fresh graduate, the expectations are fairly basic : Sound knowledge of the engineering subjects, familiarity with the basic concepts etc. Everything else like certificate courses, paper presentations or internship is secondary. If I were to summarize it all in one question that interviewer asks himself/herself before making a decision whether to hire you or not is this :-

"Will I be happy if this candidate joins my team?"

So apart from your academic records, knowledge; a good amount of consideration would go to your overall personality as well.
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    communication skill - even thats important.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mreccentric
    communication skill - even thats important.
    Agreed; and I must mention that it goes beyond being able to speak fluently in language.
  • m.vivekanandan
    m.vivekanandan
    will only having sound knowledge in engineering and good communication skill without paper presentations and certificate courses help ???
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    m.vivekanandan
    will only having sound knowledge in engineering and good communication skill without paper presentations and certificate courses help ???
    depends... paper presentations dont tell much about you. I've seen bunch of profs who have 10s of papers published yet have no sound knowledge. You see, many engineers who work great in the field wont do paper presentation or publish them. IMO, they are important if you want to take up job in academic institute. They really don't matter much.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Found this website 😁 check it out for fun! https://www.mastersinit.org/geeks-vs-nerds/
Somebody please,how to find this? Find the sum of the Symmetrical three-phase electromotive force e_a,e_b,e_c. e_a(t) = E_m.sinwt e_b(t) = E_m.sin(wt - 2pi/3) e_c(t) = E_m.sin(wt - 4pi/3) e_a+e_b+e_c =...
I found this on net and was shocked to read this. Do you think what is happening is good? Share your views please. First Rank in State in Secondary School...
A couple of months back i saw a car on the road which looked something like the nissan micra , and that is what i thought it was, but on...
Chanakya was a great strategist, statesman and and a wise professor at Dhakshashil. A small necklace of a few pearls of wisdom from the great man: "A person should not...