Campus placements going on but still not placed

hi, i am studying at iter,bhubaneswar its a private college. tcs and wipro have come but still i haven't been selected. i just dont know what i am going to do. i am very much disappointed. i just dont know what should i do. please tell me some options for me. i have a 1st class career with a good cgpa. where canm i apply for off campus. i want to go into power sector or chip designing. please help

Replies

• grsalvi
    grsalvi
    I don't know which is your University but most of the IT companies come in first semester of Final year.And since only two have come ,you can expect more.

1] You didn't mention what was the reason for you not getting selected.
  • grsalvi
    grsalvi
    But you should relax and work on your weak points.Just donot get disappointed and depressed because then you will definitely ruin yourself.
    You have caliber and definitely some company will take you provided you work on your weak points.

And this is very normal,rejection and selection.

2] Now about power and chip sector..

If you want to go into core companies ,prepare accordingly.
    I believe they come in 2nd semester of Final year.

Please check from your university/institute that you can take multiple offer letters or not.

Note: Don't get disappointed for a long time,come out of it because the most important thing during campus drives is confidence.Please maintain it.

Remember SWSWSWSW rule about companies -
    " Some will,Some won't ,So what , Someone's waiting for you"

👍
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I dont think Wipro and TCS are into chip designing. so there is no point of you worrying.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    If you are not able to clear the aptitude round, then better prepare for them.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The first thing I'd do is to decide whether I want to make a career in the IT/Software industry or the power or chip design. Because that'd require a totally different approach. The next step would be to figure out the steps that are required to get into these companies. If IT is your choice, then you'll have to prepare for the aptitude tests and technical interviews. If it's the power/chip design sector, then you'll have to be well versed with the technologies.

Here's a plan that you can follow -

1. Identify why you got rejected from TCS or Wipro.
    2. List out the areas that you need to work more on.
    3. Start preparing and focus more on your stronger areas.
    4. Upload your resume to all the leading job portals.
    5. Get in touch with your college T&P officers for upcoming opportunities. Check if someone from your college's alumni network can help you.
    6. Keep an eye on the campus walkins.

You will get a job sooner or later.
  • dipankar0309
    dipankar0309
    as i am from private college so the chances of on campus recruitment process of various chip designing company is very less. so how can i get into the chip designing work?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Try some Off campus interviews in reputed companies

Hey CEans do post if you guys come across any off campus interviews
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    #-Link-Snipped-#

what exactly is your problem ? are you able to clear the aptitude rounds or failing the HR rounds ?

If the HR interviews are a problem, then let me tell you : Be bold, do not enter the interview hall with a submissive attitude, but with your head held high.

talk to the HR as if you are making a business deal with him, and do not for once think of him as someone supernatural.

believe me, the HRs are actually looking for aggressive people. but at the same time , do not overdo it.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A career in chip designing should be your 'long term career goal'. That means, you may not get an entry into the field directly out of college; but a few years down the line you could very well be in the domain that you love. Keep trying is all I can say; but make sure that the initial jobs that you pick up should be well aligned with your ultimate goal.

I'd also recommend taking up relevant trainings and courses. That should take you a step closer to your goals.
  • dipankar0309
    dipankar0309
    Happy to announce that I'm now placed in HCL. Looking forward to getting the joining letter. Thank you, CE! This site rocks!​
  • dipankar0309
    dipankar0309
    " Some will,Some won't ,So what , Someone's waiting for you"

true very true
  • grsalvi
    grsalvi
    Thats a very good news.
    All the best and use that SWs rule throughout LIFE.
    Congrats 😁
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    dipankar0309
    placed at hcl​
    Congrats...
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    All the best in your future endeavor there

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This is my opinion and never meant to offend any regulars Whenever I see a Newbie come here and check their profile card they always seem to be doing one...
what is the algorithm for mbile number tracing? i know something that is number tracing according to the std code for place. how to find the location of the number...
Hey friends, We conducted poll yesterday & result is draw between BT technology & Display technologies .... So unfortunately one last poll before we finalise the topic. [Prototype] jeffrey samuel...
Does you phone ring when you are attending an important lecture? If yes, there's an app developed by IIT Bombay students that puts your phone into silent mode automatically when...
Can any1 pls tell me the details about button operated gear changing system for two wheelers becoz I want to do my final year project on this topic pls help...