Calibrate the notebook PC battery

Under normal usage, batteries should be calibrated a minimum of once every 3 months. Your battery can be calibrated by following these steps:

Step 1 - Disable the Windows Power Management
1. In Windows, right-click the Desktop and select Properties in the menu list.
2. Click the Screen Saver tab and then click the Power button.
3. Under Power schemes, select Always On in the drop down menu.
4. Under Settings for Always On power scheme, select Never in each of the drop down menus.
5. Click OK on the Power Options Properties window and then click OK on the Display Properties window.

Step 2 - Fully charge the battery
1.Connect the AC adapter to the notebook.
2.Charge the battery until the Windows battery meter is at 100%.

Step 3 - Fully discharge the battery
1. Remove the AC adapter.
2. Keep the notebook on until the battery has completely drained and the notebook automatically turns off.
3. Connect the AC adapter to the notebook.
4. Keep the AC adapter connected to the notebook until the battery has completely charged.

Step 4 - Enable the Windows Power Management
1. In Windows, right-click the Desktop and select Properties in the menu list.
2. Click the Screen Saver tab and then click the Power button.
3. Under Power schemes, select Portable/Laptop in the drop down menu.
4. Click OK on the Power Options Properties window and then click OK on the Display Properties window.

Replies

• sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    nice share Mahesh ๐Ÿ˜
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    A very useful post. Good!
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Thanks for sharing mahesh..! Good job man..!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The film sticks to what seems to have become the standard formula for Bollywood comedies. Many characters with different agendas get together in one location. What follows is misunderstood identities,...
I'm preparing to give GATE next year (Mechanical Engineering). So could someone help with regards to the books I should refer ? My branch is Mechatronics and so I haven't...
I'm looking for Civil IS codes free of cost. It'd be really nice if someone can upload them here so that all others get to download them from just one...
Sir / madam, My question is Find the output of the following void main() { char *s="\12345s\n"; printf("%d",sizeof(s)); } Advance Thanks, R.Rengaraj {Java Certification Quiz} {On this forum my 22nd...
Hello Everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Bill and I'm from the Northeast US. I'm currently studying civil engineering and I work with a firm that...