I HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE FOLLOWING DATA
SHAFT DIA:150 mm
WEIGHT TO BE TILTED 12000 KGS
CALCULATE RPM OF SHAFT AND TORQUE REQUIRED FOR THE MOTOR TO START
HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT.

Replies

• Rohan_sK
    Rohan_sK
    First choose the matrerial for the shaft , it is usually C-40 . Use a design data book for better choices. Then fix the length of the shaft. With the load given calculate the Mass Moment Of Inertia, you already have the diameter fixed.
    The Torque needed to turn the given load will be
    TORQUE = MASS MOMENT OF INERTIA x ANGULAR ACCELERATION
    And,
    POWER = TORQUE x ANGULAR VELOCITY

This is actually a very straight forward typical Text Book question. So first try to open your book and find the design procedure, its surely there. You only have to take the pains to open your book
  • Tkelly
    Tkelly
    Assume this shaft is rotating along with the given load. In that case above formulae is correct. But for calculating angular velocity,you should know the RPM of shaft and for acceleration you need to know time for acceleration.

Tom
    CAD Outsourcing Services India | Indovance Inc

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Computer company Acer's UK marketing director seems to think he knows when Windows 7 will be released. His claim: October 23. By most accounts, this date seems a little off....
anyone can help me about analytic hierarchy process . my thesis is "cutting fluid selection using analytic hierarchy process" .
i have a question for you can we design Common emitter mode unbypassed emitter resistor amplifier using H parameter accurate model and also can we find i/p and o/p impedance...
A container is there, if you put a anything to that container i will become 2 in one second, and again after one second it will become 4 and again...
Collins Stewart analyst Ashok Kumar (not this guy) is claiming that the Palm Pre will be a dud and that shortages, manufacturing problems, and Sprint's relative suckitude as a carrier...