Cafe Coffee Day (CCD) Home Delivery

Cafe Coffee Day aka CCD will now do home delivery of coffee using Swiggy - one of the top food delivery startups in Bangalore. Swiggy has now partnered with CCD to offer home delivery to its customers after recent partnership with Burger King. All the coffee cups and snacks on CCD menu will be available right on your couch. As of now, the home delivery is available only in Bangalore, but is likely to expand to Hyderabad, Chennai, Pune, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chandigarh and NRC region.

Cafe Coffee Day has been looking to expand its offering and its tie-up with Swiggy offers them a quick way to expand its sales. Most importantly, it gives an edge to CCD to compete with other brands like Juice Junction, Corner House and even Goli Vada Pav. With over 1538 cafe outlets all over India and presence in 219 cities; CCD holds the market presence to dominate them all. I expect CCD to expand the offerings on its menu soon.

The average order size for CCD is expected to be about Rs. 300. I won't be surprised to see CCD announcing a mobile app to make the ordering process faster and more convenient for the customers.

Would like to know what our fellow engineers think about ordering CCD coffee at home?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Good Madras coffee is best made at home fresh. I use CCD fresh ground powder without chicory, brew in a Bialetti expresso brewer and mix it to the correct (according to me) brown colour, sweeten enough to break the bitterness a bit (half a spoon/cup) and have it as often as I want, which is too often according to my wife.
    I shall pass on Swiggy.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I never liked the loud music played in CCD outlets. In every outlet I've been in barring two where we exclusively told them to put the music on low volume I have had to actually shout on the top of my voice to become audible. It is a BIG mood killer. The loud music beats the purpose of people sitting together to chat - is my view.

With home delivery, a lot of people will be relieved who generally get together at meetups - Conference meetup, organizer meetup, tech meetup, twitter meetup, foodie meetup - They all need two things - coffee & people who love to discuss stuff.
    With the comfort of your house or workplace - it definitely can work!

PS: There are several other really good coffee shop options in every city I visit. We pass CCD and don't go in because there's another local outlet about a km from it where you get cheap coffee, comfy chairs and no background music. Free wifi is an added bonus.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Satya Prabh Kathooria comes from a family who always had a strong emphasis on academic education, lateral thinking and problem solving. From very young days, his life used to spin...
Hi I am santosh, i completed B.tech from cse in 2012, i am doing small job for my needs.And i am doing MBA(HR), Now i want to join a course...
Quote: A nurse has recorded the most common regrets of the dying, and among the top ones is 'I wish I hadn't worked so hard'. What would your biggest regret...
Hello Engineer, Can anyone share some structural excel spreadsheet according to ACI codes.Which you used in your work. Thanks in advanced
Engineering education tends to stereotype people. The kind of compartmentalizing prevents one from realizing one's full potential. The worst of it is even the individual falls into this trap and...